General anime discussion thread

Chumala

Registered
Reaction score
That show... good lord, I'm ashamed to say I enjoyed watching it when it was so bad.

But Kampher had that one thing male viewers like... fan service. I enjoyed the show... it was different. I mean how awesome would that be to turn into a girl with pistols? Also come on it was really funny how he was the most popular girl in school.... his best friend wanted to get in bed with him. :p

Lol Fanservice... it had more fanservice and Rosario Vamp. and To Love....

However I still think ummm FREEZING has the most fan-service I've seen in an anime. My lord every fight scene someone's clothes come off. I MEAN COME ON I CAN UNDERSTAND ONCE OR TWICE BUT ALL THE TIME!?!?!??! :O

Last edited:

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Sure, but it's still possible to have a well-written ecchi comedy like B Gata H Kei or a well-written fan service anime like Strike Witches. Hell, even something as crappily written as Infinite Stratos wasn't as terrible. Sure, it was funny the first time, but it's not going to get a rewatch like B Gata H Kei and Strike Witches. Not that they're incredible anime or anything, but they're pretty damn good for their genres. It may be a lolJapan pantsu anime, but I'm actually looking forward to the Strike Witches movie.

Last edited:

Chumala

Registered
Reaction score
Sure, but it's still possible to have a well-written ecchi comedy like B Gata H Kei or a well-written fan service anime like Strike Witches. Hell, even something as crappily written as Infinite Stratos wasn't as terrible.

I LOVED B GATA H KEI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That girl was so funny. "How do I get him to sleep with me". It was entertaining. :)

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of movies, when's that K-On!! movie and the second Nanoha movie coming out? And how long until the second Macross Frontier movie finally hits Blu-ray? And when's that Kizumonogatari movie coming out again?

And where the fuck is my goddamn Evangelion 3.0 dammit!!!!

Gah, waiting for movies is ten times worse than waiting for new episodes... made ten times worse over again by having to wait for it twice since it's not like we can see them in theaters...

Last edited:

Chumala

Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of movies, when's that K-On!! movie and the second Nanoha movie coming out? And how long until the second Macross Frontier movie finally hits Blu-ray? And when's that Kizumonogatari movie coming out again?

And where the fuck is my goddamn Evangelion 3.0 dammit!!!!

Gah, waiting for movies is ten times worse than waiting for new episodes... made ten times worse over again by having to wait for it twice since it's not like we can see them in theaters...

It could be worse.... you could be waiting for another season of spice and wolf..... oh wait..... >.> FML....

She was so cute... so cute.... THAT WAS SUCH A GREAT ANIME I DEMANDS MORE!!! *eats popcorn* NOM NOM NOM.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
It could be worse.... you could be waiting for another season of spice and wolf..... oh wait..... >.> FML....

She was so cute... so cute.... THAT WAS SUCH A GREAT ANIME I DEMANDS MORE!!! *eats popcorn* NOM NOM NOM.

Actually, I literally just finished re-watching both seasons of Spice & Wolf. I feel your pain. I've been waiting for a third season for a while now. Not to mention Haruhi.

The light novels of S&W conclude in the next volume, and I finally gave in and spoiled the *almost* ending for myself. I'll have to locate the novels or the manga sometime...

But for me, Eva always has top priority. I want my 3.0 dammit. Why must you make me wait, Anno? Why??

Camilla Delvalle

Dreaming of other times
Registered
Reaction score
In other news, while I liked the concept of Kamisama no Memochou to begin with, its unrelenting focus on the yakuza angle is getting annoying to me.
Feeling the same here. When it comes to mysteries I've never liked anything with mafia. They use to be less mysterious and weird while the gangsters are often lame and one knows who the enemy is.

Dawnstorm said:
Sadly, I agree. It's a pity, as I really like the animation and character design. But the characters just fall flat, and the stories aren't interesting. I prefer Dentalian no Shoka. I like the episodic approach, so if some stories fail, it doesn't matter too much.
I'm watching Dantalian too. While so far the mysteries have been inferior compared to Gosick I think it is a nice series with good music. The girl is cute and the male lead is a calm but courageous gentleman that is more mature than the heroes in some other series. Also It gets a bit philosophical when he's reading the phantom books.

Chumala

Registered
Reaction score
Feeling the same here. When it comes to mysteries I've never liked anything with mafia. They use to be less mysterious and weird while the gangsters are often lame and one knows who the enemy is.

I'm watching Dantalian too. While so far the mysteries have been inferior compared to Gosick I think it is a nice series with good music. The girl is cute and the male lead is a calm but courageous gentleman that is more mature than the heroes in some other series. Also It gets a bit philosophical when he's reading the phantom books.

Dantalian is compared to Gosick? Zomg... I have to watch this NAO! :O

Camilla Delvalle

Dreaming of other times
Registered
Reaction score
What's wrong with some cross-dressing action? Nothing hotter than het yaoi.
Recently I saw a couple of episodes of Maria Holic. I really wanted to like it but it was just unwatchable for me with all the shouting and nosebleeding and so on. I've said before that I like calmer anime.

Chumala

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, they are very similar. I was thinking about suggesting it to you.

How is the main girl and how is the romance? Is it so so? :O

I think I'll check it out. Just saw the wiki page. :)

I' watched the first episode and falling in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks a bunch Cam. :)

Last edited:

Camilla Delvalle

Dreaming of other times
Registered
Reaction score
How is the main girl and how is the romance? Is it so so? :O
The girl is similar to Victorique. The boy is older than Kazuya and the relationship is more equal. There hasn't been much romance so far, but it seems Dalian gets jealous every time Hugh meets another woman, and she uses to criticize them or be rude to them. Also he has a key that he sticks into her to unlock her...

Dawnstorm

punny user title, here
Registered
Reaction score

What I like about the show is how the show is driven by the "clients". Other episodic shows tend to foreground the awsome of the protagonists more. This one uses them as a sort of torch to get to the clients story. A good example is the sort of anticlimactic half-episode about the smart kids and the teacher.

Recently I saw a couple of episodes of Maria Holic. I really wanted to like it but it was just unwatchable for me with all the shouting and nosebleeding and so on. I've said before that I like calmer anime.

I, too, didn't get very far with that one.

(I've watched the first episode of Katanagatari. "We're not swordsmen who don't use swords. We're swords men who can't use swords." Lol. I'm so going to watch the rest of this series. Hope it keeps up. Oddly, the episodes are twice the normal length.)

And, yeah, another season of Spice and Wolf would be nice, but I do wonder what studio would do it. Brains Base again? Imagin again? Someone else?

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
(I've watched the first episode of Katanagatari. "We're not swordsmen who don't use swords. We're swords men who can't use swords." Lol. I'm so going to watch the rest of this series. Hope it keeps up. Oddly, the episodes are twice the normal length.)

Katanagatari was awesome. By the same author as Bakemonogatari and Kizumonogatari (the latter of which will be a movie by Shaft soon-ish). Be warned, you will either love or hate the ending. I loved it. And the episodes are longer because there were released once a month, rather than weekly.

Chumala

Registered
Reaction score
The girl is similar to Victorique. The boy is older than Kazuya and the relationship is more equal. There hasn't been much romance so far, but it seems Dalian gets jealous every time Hugh meets another woman, and she uses to criticize them or be rude to them. Also he has a key that he sticks into her to unlock her...

I finished the first episode and I love it! It was so cute! <3

Huey "It says here there is a Dalian here, so I need to find it, it's most likely my grandfather's pet."

"STUPID BOY I'M DALIAN!" *KICK*

:D

Chumala

Registered
Reaction score
"Say, Dalian. Do women get the urge to be tied up? Really tightly?"

Did you just make that up? Or do I have something to look forward to? PLEASE TELL ME YOU DIDN'T JUST MAKE THAT UP!!!!!!

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Did you just make that up? Or do I have something to look forward to? PLEASE TELL ME YOU DIDN'T JUST MAKE THAT UP!!!!!!

It was in this week's next episode preview. No idea if it actually has anything to do with the next episode or not.

Dawnstorm

punny user title, here
Registered
Reaction score
Katanagatari was awesome. By the same author as Bakemonogatari and Kizumonogatari (the latter of which will be a movie by Shaft soon-ish). Be warned, you will either love or hate the ending. I loved it. And the episodes are longer because there were released once a month, rather than weekly.

Once a month? Interesting format.

Watched 4 episodes so far, with ep3 (shrine-episode) being my favourite, while 4 is the most interesting.

It's amazing, and it's definitely got its own style.

Chumala

Registered
Reaction score
I am IN-LOVE with this series.....

Dalian is so cute!

It's almost better than Gosick, hell I'm finding it better than Gosick on the plot side, however character wise, nothing can compete against victorique!

Camilla Delvalle

Dreaming of other times
Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday I borrowed a wonderful book in the library: Japanese the Manga Way. Quickly I learned 50 new words and some grammar too.

In other developments, I have proceeded from from romantic harem shows to yuri.

Chumala

Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday I borrowed a wonderful book in the library: Japanese the Manga Way. Quickly I learned 50 new words and some grammar too.

In other developments, I have proceeded from from romantic harem shows to yuri.

That's two girls right? I always get confused on those. >.<

I myself have found those shows to be REALLY good with the romance aspect. Much better than Male/Female romances. :/

Camilla Delvalle

Dreaming of other times
Registered
Reaction score
That's two girls right? I always get confused on those. >.<

I myself have found those shows to be REALLY good with the romance aspect. Much better than Male/Female romances. :/
Do you have any recommendations?

The first sentence I learned in Japanese:
"Watashi wa Kira desu."

Dawnstorm

punny user title, here
Registered
Reaction score
Do you have any recommendations?

So, what are you watching? The only one I've seen that's serious about the relationship aspect is Aoi Hana (after a manga from the same author that did Hourou Musuko). Most anything else is jokes for voyeuristic males (such as the rather tame and sometimes actually entertaining Yuru Yuri that's airing this season.)

The first sentence I learned in Japanese:
"Watashi wa Kira desu."
Edward desu. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu. (Lol)

Last edited: