Status
Not open for further replies.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
It was announced at Spike's VGA awards.
Premiere Trailer

I never played the first one, how is it?
I've heard it has difficult gameplay, like difficult controls or the game is hard to beat like Demon's Soul?

whistlelock

Whiskey Rebel
Registered
Reaction score
Somehow I ended up in Fort Worth. Dunno how that h
I never played the first one, how is it?

This game was actually my very first game review. As far as game play goes, it's okay. From a technical point of view- it's a solid game.

But.

So much of it is clearly pointless. Like Force Lightning. You get that early on, you may even start with it. One of the upgrades you can get is to apply Force Lightning to your lightsaber.

Which sounds kinda neat, until you think about it. I mean, the lightsaber is one of the greatest hand to hand weapons in all of movie-dom. It can cut through flesh like warm butter on a hot Texas summer day and carve up hardened steel like it's day old bread. Why should I need to add something to that? So it will hurt more? So it will cut better?

How does that make any sense? At all?

And there's a shoe-horned alternate ending thing. Which is weak, really.

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
Of all the star wars games they could've chosen to do a sequel to...

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't think the first one was too bad. Compared to other crappy STWs games that have come out, this one at least had a pretty cool take on the interim between ROTS and SW: EP1.

Game play isn't hard or complicated at all but can be frustrating at times and repetitive.

And, as far at the physics in the actual graphics driver, they were pretty good. BUT...if they should have made more of the environment interactive.

Alternate ending was both kind of cool and dumb, to be honest.

My biggest complaint is, even though the overall story was a cool take on the SW mythos, the fact that the force is "unleashed" in this game and, consequently, totally bad ass, craps all over the Force of the original three movies (episodes 1-3) as the Force that the characters in those films uses looks absolutely infantile in comparison.

Overall, I give the first game a 6 or 7 out of 10.

Brutal Mustang

Loves interplanetary chaos.
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I wish the environment was more interactive too. Some quiet puzzles, perhaps? Seemed like I could never stop and take in the beautiful scenery, because I was too busy fighting. Too much fighting gets monotonous for me. Plus it hurts my fingers.

Now, unlike a lot of people, I liked the bad ass force in the game. The powers in the original trilogy will continue to look weaker and weaker over the years anyhow, as CGI and ideas in Star Wars productions evolve.

JadeKnight

The first game was really good, the second *shrugs* Not so much. I still own the second game and play it once in awhile, but it's too easy to beat. I once clocked it under 3hrs where as the info says it takes 5+ *rolls eyes* I never even had to use the force sense help you activate via d-pad, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.