• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking For People To Generally Talk About Writing With

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiHex

Registered
Reaction score
Website
samuraihex.weebly.com
Hello, my name's Matthew. First things first I'm autistic so I kinda have weird habits and all, lol. Other than that, I'm currently attempting to write two books, both which are in my signature. As name of thread suggests, I'm looking for some people to just generally chat about writing, books, poems. You know, literature. Be it talking about the books/poems we're doing. Things we're reading or heard of. That or even sending parts of our writing's to each other to critique and all. Oh, and also if need be prompting each other on the next piece of work.

My book, Celestial Fortress is currently in the genre area between fantasy and science fiction. Though it might change in time, like books can tend to do. The other, Spirit Sorcerer's hasn't been thought of that much but I currently label it as a science fiction.

While with books I like to read are Children's, YA (never gotten out of them), Historical Fiction, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Steampunk. Mostly a whole variety of books. I don't tend to read Romance or Biographies. Though I am willing to try books I wouldn't normally pick out of a bookstore or library. You never know, I might find a new favourite book and genre through this! :D

So, yeah just private message me and we'll grow our writing experience from there! Thanks!

SamuraiHex

Registered
Reaction score
Website
samuraihex.weebly.com
Have you tried the AW chat on IRC?

Yes, I have. I find that not many people are on it when I go on. Then when I do go on when about 10 odd people or more are on chat is very silent. It's personally not my type of thing as well if you count that new people join it and quit it everyday.
I'd personally want it to be the same people to talk to, something that AW chat on IRC doesn't have for me unfortunately.

Buffysquirrel

Registered
Reaction score
When I used chat, there was usually a core of people who stayed the same. But if it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work :). What sort of setup are you looking for--email, messenger, what?

SamuraiHex

Registered
Reaction score
Website
samuraihex.weebly.com
When I used chat, there was usually a core of people who stayed the same. But if it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work :). What sort of setup are you looking for--email, messenger, what?

I think email would be best. Being able to swap stories and just generally talk about books and other things in my own time would work best for me. Possibly for others as well.

Buffysquirrel

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe you could go hang out in Office Party and make a few friends there? Then you could progress to email if it suits.

Status
Not open for further replies.