Not open for further replies.

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
Writers lie for a living. It's what we do. Hum a few bars and fake it. Best way to go, most times. I find that extensive research can sometimes take the spark out of a story. We're writing horror, so a suspension of disbelief is a given on the part of the reader. It'll be okay.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, just gonna make up stuff to fit the story. Otherwise, it's never going to get done, because I'm falling out of "the zone".
Yep. Finish the story. When you're done you can go back and correct any made up research you want to. :)

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Nope. No specific formatting requirements as I recall. Just please try to make it readable for the judges. You know. Paragraphs and shit stuff.

Effie extended the date 'cause of all the whining and out of the goodness of her heart. All you late kids owe her big time. :D

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
June 1, wha???

*backreads*

This is what I get for giving up my writing haunts in favor of the flipping day job.

*grumbles into her coffee*

Haven't written anything since my last post here a month ago - unless you count barely coherent blog stuff.

Well, I'll pull mine back out, see what I can get it to do. Though, s'much as I appreciate the extension, I still may not make this one.

Last edited:

Evice

Registered
Reaction score
Regarding horror songs, i wrote one once although never put music to it i am interested in them, i found this one by 10cc quite haunting as a ghostly song. This version has quite a lot of storyline before the song starts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRQ8POjidY8

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Been writing my fingers raw. I'm about to collapse.

I'm with you there, I'm trying, but work is so demanding right now. I'm going to fall over from no sleep trying to get this story done in time. :/

:Hug2: to Effie for the extension, though. I'm doing my best to get it done.

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Regarding horror songs, i wrote one once although never put music to it i am interested in them, i found this one by 10cc quite haunting as a ghostly song. This version has quite a lot of storyline before the song starts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRQ8POjidY8

I've written several. Some I refuse to release on CD. They scared me too much.

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm with you there, I'm trying, but work is so demanding right now. I'm going to fall over from no sleep trying to get this story done in time. :/

:Hug2: to Effie for the extension, though. I'm doing my best to get it done.

Effie is a good old girl.

Night flyer- between the tornado outbreak this evening and exhaustion, I'm not sure ill get it finished.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
You still have time, you put too much work into it to stop now. Me, too. I have to keep trying. I'm almost there, but now I fear that it'll exceed the word requirement and I won't have time to cut it. But I'm going to keep at it, you too, no quitting. ;)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I hope you win. :tongue:

But we have to get them done first...or neither of us is going to win.:)

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ill try to work on it, but right now I've got to get down to Bobbie Jo's diner for some biscuits and gravy.

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
Hot damn, all this drinking to me and tattooing of my name on hearts and ritual sacrifices to me... and I friggin' missed it all??? WTF? *grumbles at real life issues*

Guys, there's still a week (give or take a couple days) left. I really want to see some good stories out of this. No more whining. Write, edit, send. I won't take no for an answer.

I have my chainsaw ready, you know. Just some... incentive for you stragglers.

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote my entry in open office...odb or otf or wtf format or whatever the hell that is. When I did rtf or txt it looked like crap. What can I do? Technology is not my friend.

Btw -- if you can't tell by my post, I'm frustrated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.