Greetings!

sbz314

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, world!

I'm a long time reader of the forum, but only recently joined (because I think I might subject myself to query letter hell in the future!).

I've been writing for... oh, 11 years now. I decided to get more serious about it and try to make it go somewhere, instead of just doing it for fun. My chosen genre is sci-fi.

I have a completed, edited manuscript, and I've been wrestling with queries for the past few months. I'm relatively happy with my letter now, and I sent out a few queries to my agent list. If I get no bites I'll have to go back to the drawing board.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. And thank this great community for all the opinions, research, and personal experiences shared. It has been an incredible resource for me throughout the years, most recently for agent research.

Cheers!

sbz

AlexHale

Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome! This really is a great community with so many resources. It's like Writer Heaven. Good luck with your queries! (I am also wrestling with mine, so I may join you in query letter hell with trepidation haha)

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. I also write some science fiction. And good luck when you get your posts to post in Query Letter Hell.

Shaba

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. I hope you get bites, but the drawing board...yea it can be frustrating, but sometimes it's the best thing.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

FlaDan

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am in the same boat. One written but no hits from the agents. I want to use Query Hell and will work up to it soon.

Good Luck.

sbz314

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcomes, everyone!

I got a partial request today—yipee! But I'm a very realistic person with very modified, low expectations, so while a full would be nice, my mindset is "I just hope she gives some notes if she rejects my manuscript."

I've written so many versions of my letter (I think I have 8-10 distinct versions) that if my current one doesn't work, I'll have no idea where to start over. The more I read articles and advice, the more confusing it gets. That's why I'm preparing for QLH—just in case!

Thanks again, everyone.

Cheers,

sbz

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler! :welcome: