Heroes, Season 4 - Can they bring it back?

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I want to ask: whatever happened to Peter's Irish girlfriend. He just dumped her in year 2007 and she was never heard of again.... Hmmm....

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I want to ask: whatever happened to Peter's Irish girlfriend. He just dumped her in year 2007 and she was never heard of again.... Hmmm....

It really is like X-Men... Chris Claremont era.

One of the reasons I stopped reading the X-Men titles was the increasingly ridiculous stories (and Liefeld's art, naturally), so to see a television series repeating the mistakes which Marvel has learnt from is insane. I gave up midway through the Oirish storyline, and doubt I'll watch it again until a box set of every episode is released in a few years.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Just watched last week's episode and I have a bone to pick.

Legal Seafood isn't only in Mass. There are at least 3 within 30 minutes of Manhattan.

Aside from that, I like the potential of the Carnies.

AuburnAssassin

Darkly Romantic Curmudgeon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
clairegillian.wordpress.com
Was really worried for this show after all of season 3 and episode 1 of season 4 but epi 2 of season 4 showed promise so I'm still sticking with it.

Sylar was marvelous in Matt's head. Love Sylar / Zachary Quinto--watch the show for him.

Agree about Claire's / Hayden's hair -- ding dong the wig is gone.

Carnies look interesting--love the living tattoo guy.

I guess Pete's Irish girlfriend is forever lost in an alternate reality that can never be re-accessed.

I noticed that a lot of Heroes stars have found their way over to Glee. (Claire's mother, the dead cheerleader, Midas touch guy, Irish bar owner, Charlie...are a few I noticed)

Last edited:

Starhorsepax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.starhorsepax.com
They seemed to lose some focus after the first season. There hasn't been a ton of other stuff on I want to see so I'm still watching, but I'm kind of distracted with it. I don't really think the way its set up is good for long term viewing. With both Heroes and Lost if you miss and episode you're pretty clueless. That gets kind of tedious.

nitaworm

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I am a devotee, but I must admit - I am getting bored *** until *** Silar came back last episode. I so love to hate him.

AuburnAssassin

Darkly Romantic Curmudgeon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
clairegillian.wordpress.com
I enjoyed last night's episode. I had to explain to my husband the whole schpiel about Sylar / Nathan / Matt because he was very confused. I told him Sylar would emerge from the shallow grave because his shape-shifter body has Claire's power of indestructibility, to which he pointed out that it was a good thing the grave was shallow. Sigh... I can see why people are deserting in droves.

Not sure I'm liking the Peter or HRG arcs, however. The Claire story is questionable too. Last night's job hunting scene between father and daughter was uncomfortable to watch especially after HRG kept calling himself a "Company Man", drawing unfavorable comparisons to one of the best episodes ever made from Season 1 with that same name.

I hope they give Ali Larter something better to do now that Tracy has renounced sexual lobbying.

Hiro's story was pretty funny and probably the first time in a long time that I enjoyed his segment.

auntybug

teh other evil broad
Registered
Reaction score
I am destined for greatness. I'm just pacing mysel
Website
www.junekramin.com
You guys are bummin' me out. We just started watching these - I bought the DVD sets and we've watched 2-3 shows each night. I cringed when I saw season 3 for $44 yesterday - especially now that you say its not good :( We're hooked though - I even had to go to ebay & find the necklace for my daughter :) I'll cough it up come pay day & hope for the best. Glad to hear season 4 looks better.

Wavy_Blue

Adventure is out there!
Registered
Reaction score
Episode previews for this week reveal that it is ALREADY the Claire-goes-lesbian episode. WTF? Seriously? Only five episodes in to the season and they're already that desperate? It wouldn't bug me if it wasn't for the fact that the only reason they're doing it is because they want viewers. And every straight man wants to watch Hayden Panettiere make out with another chick.

The Sylar-with-amnesia storyline looks like fun, though. It'll be interesting to see where they go with that.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
"Strange Attractors"
Matt goes to extreme measures to extinguish Sylar, who continues to torment him. Elsewhere, H.R.G. calls in a favor from Tracy to save a troubled young boy whose misfortunes resemble her own. While Claire and Gretchen are being hazed by their new sorority sisters, they realize pledging might not be their biggest problem.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
I was just thinking that Mohinder was gone...and Matt has to call him up. Stupid drunk Matt.

*NeW*WrItEr*

Registered
Reaction score
I was into the first season and I loved it. Then, the second season came on and it was still good and whatnot. But then I fell out of watching it. I tried getting back into it, but I didn't like it. And Heroes was a good show too...

AllieKat

just a writer, unbranded
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewritinglifeforme.blogspot.com
I think this season has potential. Nathan is one of my favorite characters, so I'm not sure how I like the fact that he's sort of half Sylar now, but it's an interesting development, at least. The show seems to have more focus than it did last season. I found last season pretty crazy. Except for a couple of good episodes, I thought a lot of the characters seems out of character.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Sadly, this show doesn't grab my full attention. I watch it, but usually while doing something else - like posting here.

Not like Lost - where my eyes are glued, and I don't even wait for the DVR, but watch it live.

Gemnyc

reading 24/7
Registered
Reaction score
Just caught up on some DVR and have to say I enjoyed this weeks episode. Last series, like Matt W, I watched whilst reading or going on internet, but I just love the carnival and this week SPOILER when the healer kid Jeremy died, I shed a tear or two. And I loved that Samuel killed the cops. Is that bad of me? He is my new favorite character.

Amway, looking forward to more carnival episodes. And more Sylar going back to being bad. Next weeks with Charlie and Hiro looks fun too.

Ciera_

I still love it! But then, I loved season three =/
The dropped storylines ARE irritating as hell. Zach, Molly, Monica, and Underwater-breathing-guy, in particular. I don't miss West or Caitlin very much.
The last episode (Strange Attractors) was PHENOMENAL. I haven't been too enthusiastic about the season, but this episode BLEW. MY. MIND. Considering so much of it centered on Claire, it was great. Normally her storylines are almost painful to watch, but ABANDONED SLAUGHTERHOUSE? She, as a character, is getting more watchable as well, I think.

That's not even mentioning Sylar and Matt. Oh my god. Zachary Quinto is one of the most amazing actors I have ever seen, and
Sylar is one of the best villains I have ever seen. Even in the face of questionable plots, it's a treat to watch him. And this episode's plot for him could NOT have been better. I feel kinda bad for Matt, but I'll get over it.

Oh, did you guys notice that when Tracy (that's her current name, right?) went to the carnival, and Sylar kind of recognized her (the Nathan in him recognized her, actually) he was dressed neither like Nathan or like Sylar, but like Zachary Quinto? I think Zach was wearing one of his own hats in that scene. He's totally in his element with this carny thing!

Okay, and, Noah/Tracy. They'd BETTER not be done interacting! I was expecting a romance there, quite honestly. We've seen her date men much older than him, he's all alone and pathetic at the moment, and I would just love to see Claire react to a new stepmommy. Also, extraneous thought: I think the actor behind that troubled kid they tried to save played a nearly-identical character on Dexter in season one. His storyline was depressing but well-done.

Oh! Oh! ONE more thing. The last thirty seconds of the episode. Robert Knepper (Samuel) is now officially a character I LOVE. That was pure epic.