Not open for further replies.

madderblue

Beagle Lips.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thersamatsuura.com
(((Vandal)))

And surreal about the cops, Kell. Seriously what is up with this world recently? It's like it's becoming some version of Orwell's 1984 or something. I think the only place safe from Big Brother and groping TSA agents is the pit. (Please try to forget what I told about my trip to Tokyo. You're all safe. Really.)

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Well, I'm not flying to Japan (sad to say) but I'm hopefully going down south or out west this year so I'm gonna have to deal with the airlines. I'm not happy about that but I so need to get out of Dodge.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
I am so stuck in Dodge. Ah well. It's easier to go nowhere.

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
Mornin', Pit.

{{{Vandal}}}

{{{Madder}}}

Thanks guys. That Christmas Eve R was definately :Wha: Second day back at work after the Bloomberg Blizzard. Snowed in on Monday because the city didn't plow the streets where I live (I live off a main street too in Queens) until mid afternoon. Glad the mayor is taking heat for this. There wasn't such a breakdown with the February blizzard. MayorFAIL.

Kell, sorry about getting pulled over but the warning is nothing. Literally. It means nothing. It's just something cops do to make themselves look generous.

But, let's be real here. If your husband was driving instead of you he was getting a ticket no matter what. Being a woman driver has its benefits. ;)

madderblue

Beagle Lips.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thersamatsuura.com
*gives Madder sad puppy eyes* WHAT?? Are you trying to say our shared groping meant NOTHING to you?? :cry:

*crossmyheart* It was wonderful and by far the best thing that happened to me this year! I look forward to much more drunken, shared groping in 2011!

Come *pats seat next to me* Sit down right here.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Steve, you could be right. I've been in the car with my husband when he got a ticket, and they didn't ask for MY ID. The last two times I was pulled over, actually, I got a warning. This time I'm pretty sure I didn't do what the cop said I did, but last time I was definitely speeding.

No big deal, except that my daughter thought I was going to be arrested on Christmas.

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
*sits next to Madder grinning* here's to more drunken fun times in 2011!!

Kellion ack! I can imagine your daughter with a look of horror on her face waiting for x-mas to come to a flaming end...with mom being arrested!

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Blech, I am feeling especially wormlike and insignificant today. The maggots laugh at me because some day they will grow wings, while I will live in dirt, eat dirt, and poop dirt with all the other worms.

I mean, some feedback from my agent would be nice.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
(((Kellion))) Sorry, chica, that really sucks.

I'll join you in the feeling wormlike and insignificant category. My one whole full that's out there...I'm just waiting for the pass. Unlike my first ms, I'm still feeling woefully uncertain about this ms. Which leads me to the question: why am I querying this ms, exactly?

*kicks dirt, then scoops some up and eats it*

madderblue

Beagle Lips.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thersamatsuura.com
(((Kellion)))
(((Cricket)))

Come sit next to Soul and me. Remember the motto of all those school yard bullies: wings can always be pulled off. Hey, maybe that's what we should do to the butterfly of hope.

Geez, that was pretty dark. Even for me. Someone must have slipped something into my Maggot-orita.

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
PPTH dark-schmark I say we pluck the wings off those suckers, Madder! They've been luring us over cliff edges for too long!!

{{Kellion}} waiting sucks

{{Cricket}} I am feeling similar 'do I really want to query this' woes. Am not querying yet, but I'm doubting why I should bother all ready.

SteveCordero

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
Mornin', Pit

{{{Cricket}}}

{{{Kellion}}} Yeah, having a kid in the car does heighten the angst.

Last November 2009 we were driving home in a rainstorm. The car in front of my suddenly stopped to make a uturn. I hit the breaks in what I thought was in time but the car skidded (it's an SUV and I had been used to sedans.) I hit the car and we pulled over to exchange information.

The police pulled up to write the report. I get back in the SUV and my son (4 at the time) asks my wife, "Are the police going to arrest Daddy?"

Last edited:

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
Awww Steve :( How heart breaking is that???
That said, was your son excited-sounding or did he look worried?

There are tons of bad drivers like that in my town as well. They can NOT use a 4 way stop and have no clue what blinkers are for. Seriously, it's a daily occurrence that someone just stops in front of you for no apparent reason and then pulls off to the side of the road :rant: How sucky, Steve, that that asshole stops with no warning and caused you to get in an accident

SteveCordero

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
Thanks, Soul.

My son was worried, but we assured him I wasn't getting arrested. Unfortunately, I scared him after the accident because I immediately went into a cursing rant, but calmed myself (also appologized to my son for using bad words).

The SUV was in a shop for a week and came out looking good as new. I was out $500 though with deductible. All because of stupid drivers.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Steve, that stinks. Stupid drivers -- boo. Deductibles -- boo

If I get my kids to cooperate so that we can get our library books back in time today, I will count this day a roaring success. Aim low.

SteveCordero

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
We have to have goals, Kellion.

I celebrate whenever I buy everything on my list at the grocery store.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Well, got two R's today. I don't even want to send RQ's, because I'm officially convinced that no one wants to read about a 10-year-old girl in space.

I also have that I was formerly represented, and that my last ms is currently optioned by Big Producer along with the Var!3ty link. No. One. Cares.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
(((Cricket)))) New year, new queries.

Let's all take today to lick our wounds, or more maggots will hatch in them. What? Where did you think the maggots were coming from???

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes you usher out the old year with champagne and parties. This year we need an exorcism.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
An exorcism AND an enema! Who could ask for anything more?

*flicks maggot from shoulder*

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
And it's 2011!!! Yay!

(Extra maggotinis for whoever gets bad news first -- let's try to hold it off for a day or two, Doomsters.)

Status
Not open for further replies.