• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

It maybe time for a beta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nugus

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to ask if anyone would like to beta read my manuscript. Now, there's no rush because I'm in the middle of another, final, rewrite. If anyone is interested please PM me - no pressure.

Just to outline things - The book is called NRPD: The mean streets.
It's a comedy thriller that sees two detectives from the New Rochdale Police Department hunt a serial hit-man through the mean streets of New Rochdale.

If you want more information before you agree to anything that would be fine.

Cheers, Nick.

Nugus

Registered
Reaction score
Just to entice you a little bit here is the blurb. Also if anyone is worried about the length - it is being cut. Cheers Nick.

A killer is stalking the mean streets of New Rochdale.

Two policemen are viciously slaughtered in a seemingly opportunistic attack.

Detective Sergeant Nugus Bottomley and his new recruit Detective Constable Padraic Evans manage to tie the murders to a train robbery from the 80’s - a train robbery that never was.

A local gangster and his Hollywood starlet daughter are only too happy to confuse Nugus and Padraic, especially when a mysterious stranger starts leaking blood everywhere.

Then comes the TV crew.

A twisted plot - gruesome murders, a creepy prison cell, a doner kebab and an ice cream van.

NRPD: The Mean Streets - You may die laughing.

Nugus

Registered
Reaction score
If it would help to sweeten the pot I would be very happy to return the favour.
Thanks.

Literateparakeet

Nerdy Budgie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lesliesillusions.blogspot.com
Nugus, I'm sorry it doesn't sound like my sort of thing.

If you don't get any bites, you might consider posting a small bit from the first chapter in SYW. This gives potential Betas a chance to see your writing ability and gives you a chance to hook someone. A couple times I have offered to beta because I liked what I read in SYW.

Good luck!

quicklime

all out of fucks to give
Banned
Reaction score
syw also gives folks a chance to get to know you....and see if you reciprocate, and what value that may be. it just helps people get to know you and your stuff, and most people are reluctant to beta blind.

Nugus

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. However, I have already put some work through SYW and reciprocated to others.
Perhaps my answer is already there.
Cheers.

Nugus

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Corey cmi0616, I really appreciate your offer. If any others are interested I have posted my new second chapter in the Mystery SYW. (My first chapter is there as well, floating about maybe twelve months ago).
Cheers Nick.

Status
Not open for further replies.