Hounding from the Depths of Perdition

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
You guys don't mind if I leave this here for a minute or two, do you? I'll be right back.

1518355_10152056553879526_1798805213_n.jpg

Dinner!

CoraKane

Wood Screws
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.corakane.com
*wanders in*

*notes Vampire PrON as current subject of discussion*

0_o

*wanders out*

Wait, come back! It's not really a discussion, I just wanted to keep my little world in tact and not let the idea that there are other types out there. There isn't. End of discussion.

You guys don't mind if I leave this here for a minute or two, do you? I'll be right back.

1518355_10152056553879526_1798805213_n.jpg

Nom. Nom. Nom.
*finds bib and raises fork and knife*

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I'm back, but I'm only giving you a pass because of that Bruce Campbell quote in your sig-line.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
"Bruce Campbell is so cool, every time his name is mentioned, a man gets cured of impotence."

--The Nostalgia Critic, in his review of Congo.

*fistbump*

I should put The Man With the Screaming Brain on my list--I'm scraping the barrel for my yearly marathon. Last watched The Possession. And it was . . . not good. >_<

CoraKane

Wood Screws
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.corakane.com
If I were Bruce, I'd have that particular critique put on a t-shirt and wear it to all of my publicity things. I'd wear it everywhere.

I may just go put that on a t-shirt now and wear it anyway.

I may just go sit down and watch a whole bunch of Bruce. I'm not male, nor impotent but there are probably some really fantastic Bruce Benefits that I'm not getting because I haven't watched a Bruce movie in a bit. That's shameful, I know.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
*maps out a complicated geometric design on the ground* *pours on some blood* *throws some salt over her shoulder* *lights the whole thing on fire* *waits until she hears the heartbeat*

It's allieeevveee.

Hey, all! I've been hearing all sorts of things about the new Dracula movie - mostly that it isn't sure what it wants to be - but the biggest buzz I've heard is that a mummy reboot is next. I'm not sure how true that is, but is anyone else thinking the most recent Mummies trilogy was more like a rom com with an Egyptian adventurer starter pack overlay?

CoraKane

Wood Screws
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.corakane.com
*maps out a complicated geometric design on the ground* *pours on some blood* *throws some salt over her shoulder* *lights the whole thing on fire* *waits until she hears the heartbeat*

It's allieeevveee.

Hey, all! I've been hearing all sorts of things about the new Dracula movie - mostly that it isn't sure what it wants to be - but the biggest buzz I've heard is that a mummy reboot is next. I'm not sure how true that is, but is anyone else thinking the most recent Mummies trilogy was more like a rom com with an Egyptian adventurer starter pack overlay?

I'm excited to see the new Dracula movie. I think it could be quite entertaining and a new twist on one of the most prolific horror stories of all time.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com

It's allieeevveee.

*feeds it*

Cool. It likes... roadkill.

Yeah.

Roadkill.

*whistles*

I'll have to wait for Netflix to see the new Dracula. My Crew isn't into monsters.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
I'm not sure how true that is, but is anyone else thinking the most recent Mummies trilogy was more like a rom com with an Egyptian adventurer starter pack overlay?
Ha! Well said. :D Yeah, I'd have to agree with that.

I'm excited to see the new Dracula movie. I think it could be quite entertaining and a new twist on one of the most prolific horror stories of all time.

I'll have to wait for Netflix to see the new Dracula. My Crew isn't into monsters.
I want to see it too. But I'm likely going to have to wait for video or something as well. My crew is totally into monsters, but I can only afford to go to the theater once in a blue moon. Arranging for childcare and the actual cost of the tickets and then food (you can't skip the popcorn!!) gets pretty pricey.

Though...maybe I could go by myself during the day when everyone else is not around and the tickets are cheaper... :idea:

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I really want to see Horns.
I was going to watch that the other day but got sidetracked before I even started. I should go back to it.

I kept watching the preview and second guessing if it looked good or not. I think I talked myself out of it in the end. It's already available (or it was, at least) for rent. Kind of an interesting way to release things.

I read the book. Well, no...wait, I didn't even finish the book. And I'm not sure why. :tongue I think maybe I'm trying too hard to like it because it's Joe Hill. And I love his other stuff. :Shrug:

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Another book to read...I really need to get this move done so I have time to read. And write.

I'm getting all emo and out of sorts living like this. This weekend is the final moving weekend. After that, I'll be done.
:Hug2: Get it DONE. Fresh start. I love those!

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I loved the book HORNS but the movie... I somehow haven't managed to sit down and watch it. I watched MERCY (based on a King short) and I watched A Good Marriage (again, King) but I just haven't manged HORNS yet.

I swear it's the strangest reluctance, and I know a few people who have it. I'm not sure if it's the Daniel Radcliff as an American part that doesn't mesh or if the trailer sucks, or if the book was just that good - who knows? - but I do know I'm not the only one, so there is that.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Yeah, I'm looking forward to this one. I get to leave behind a whole bunch of drama and go someplace new.
The important question is: Will your Internet service be disrupted? :D

I swear it's the strangest reluctance, and I know a few people who have it. I'm not sure if it's the Daniel Radcliff as an American part that doesn't mesh or if the trailer sucks, or if the book was just that good - who knows? - but I do know I'm not the only one, so there is that.
Yeah, I think that Radcliff is part of it. The trailer doesn't suck...but it doesn't hook, I guess.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
more like a rom com
Aaaand I have to drop my own brand of weird here based on this word. Sorry, but it must be done. It's in my head and won't stop until I tell someone about it...

Rom com, to me, comes out "Rom Con" in my head. With the "Con" being for conference and the "Rom" being for...CD-Rom.

There for, when someone says "rom com", I ALWAYS picture a tech con with a bunch of geeks.

It actually takes my mind a few seconds to take the info in, process it wrongly (like above), and then correct it all and set myself back on course with the conversation. :D

/over explanation

Last edited:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
:/ sorry to hear that, Ted, but a new place is exciting. :hooray: Hope you won't be offline for too long.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Ted - no internet? You won't be around? That's not okay. We're going to have to build a roboted to fill your place.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Horns was the first of Joe Hill's that I read - picked it up hardcover for ridiculously cheap at my locally owned grocery. In the middle of the Bible Belt. It was more of a rescue mission than desire to read it - I couldn't let it languish among the Trisha Yearwood cookbooks and Chicken Soup for the et al books. So it came home with us. At the time, I didn't realize he was King's son so I was able to enjoy without, idk, feeling obligated to I guess.