Other than Brains?

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
A question for all those AW’ers who have a significant other,
have had a SO, wants one, or has had their fill?

Besides brains (which we all know the SO must have had) what odd quality still endears them to you? or might endear them, or did endear them? ( and yes of course they cared, do care, will care -- that’s still brains).

What else might it be?

IE: The thing I liked the most about an Ex (and the reason I thought of this) was the goofy way their eyes gave away every thing were feeling, long before they ever managed to put it to words.

What is it,
or was it,
or would you like it to be?

Last edited:

spamwarrior

rewriting.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
acurrentundersea.wordpress.com
I love the way we can talk about random stuff. I love the way he laughs. I love the way he keeps peeking at me when we're in the same room. I love the way he smiles. I love that he's really awkward. I love that he's also kind of dumb. (His words, not mine)

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
There was something naive about the way he was the center of the universe, something childlike. It was powerful to watch him learn new things (which'll happen often if you're the center of the universe, you know).

Unfortunately, it's terribly selfish, too. Of course I should have seen coming what came ;) Too selfish for me!

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm. The main thing that attracted me to my hubby (11 years today, actually!) aside from his dance moves *fans self* was this almost freakish confidence he possesses. And it's warranted, too. LOL He's like my polar opposite. I appreciate the sheer gutsy way he goes through life. He never second guesses himself, and cuts himself slack when he makes the rare mistake.

Also, he thinks I'm funny (in a good way), which is *golden*. It gives me warm fuzzies when he's cracking up over something I've said. :D It doesn't hurt that I still get tingly when he gives me The Look with those gorgeous baby blues.

MissMacchiato

Bring on the Sweet, Sweet Coffee
Registered
Reaction score
congrats Cranky!

I'm currently single, but I think a love of coffee would be a brilliant start. The last guy I dated thought chai latte was a coffee-based drink. I could have cried.

leahzero

The colors! THE COLORS!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
words.leahraeder.com
The fact that, despite having a confident, magnetic, devastatingly witty demeanor, he turns into a complete teddy bear when we cuddle. His affectionate nature even earned him a cutesy nickname from his family. But I won't type it here. :p

Magdalen

Petulantly Penitent
Registered
Reaction score
A question for all those AW’ers
(snip)

what odd quality still endears them to you?

The way he can "mumble-speak" in a low and confidential tone. I first heard it when he would talk with his brother and now he does it with our son.

:LilLove:

spamwarrior

rewriting.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
acurrentundersea.wordpress.com
Hmmm. The main thing that attracted me to my hubby (11 years today, actually!) aside from his dance moves *fans self* was this almost freakish confidence he possesses. And it's warranted, too. LOL He's like my polar opposite. I appreciate the sheer gutsy way he goes through life. He never second guesses himself, and cuts himself slack when he makes the rare mistake.

Also, he thinks I'm funny (in a good way), which is *golden*. It gives me warm fuzzies when he's cracking up over something I've said. :D It doesn't hurt that I still get tingly when he gives me The Look with those gorgeous baby blues.

Awww... :D This post gives me the warm fuzzies.

The guy I mentioned also cracks up at stuff I say. It makes me feel sooo good.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
She is better than I deserve. That pretty much nailed it down for me

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm cynical. He's trusting.
I'm direct. He's diplomatic.
I'm aging. His eyesight is fading.
I tell jokes. He laughs freely.
I like to write. He pretends to like to read.

But the characteristic that matches us up perfectly is that we have almost identical bullshit thresholds.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
No one has ever made me laugh like my husband does. And considering the kind of year we've had, laughter is a much needed commodity. He is the funniest person I've ever met.

He's also got cojones like no one else. I mean, I've seen him make people bend to his will in such a way that they thank him when it's all over. :)

And he's a big kid. A big, fuzzy kid. I tell people I have three kids and the oldest one supports me. :D

Paper & Pencil

I miss the pink elephant...
Registered
Reaction score
His laugh. Others find it annoying and odd (and too high-pitched), but it's got the power to make me start laughing even if I didn't find the joke funny.

He tends to be pretty clumsy, I've taken a few accidental elbows to the face and seen him splash half his drink down his face in the process of taking a sip. It's nice because as of late I've been tripping over my own feet walking on level ground and climbing stairs, keeps me from feeling uncomfortable when I do.

He is an archive of random and completely useless facts, capable of spouting one in the middle of an awkward moment and shift focus. I can't figure out where he's getting this stuff from.

For as big and upset as he normally looks (but he isn't), that changes completely when he's around small animals. Dogs especially, he warms up to and becomes all sweet and childlike.

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
he is my calm in the center of a storm. I rarely see him get upset. But I fell in love with him the first time we went riding (horses) together. His horse was acting up, throwing his head, stomping and giving little rears- I have seen other people get rough when their horses act like this- my guy, simple got off, ran his hands over that horse and whipsered sweet nothings into his ear until he was calm, then he got back up and he had no problems the resr of the ride- amazing- he is like this with all animals-

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
She isn't a chav.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mr. Hunny and I are as different as night and day in almost every way, but we do agree on the following:

I am the most brilliant and gorgeous woman he's ever known! ;)

Odd/Lovable Characterictic?

He makes me laugh out loud a lot - Especially when he tries to dance or tell a joke.

He is a man of great integrity and he has a kind and generous heart. :Hug2:

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
He knows when to give me room to handle the latest crisis/kerfluffle/challenge... and when to be my rock. He knows when to take care of himself... and when to let me spoil him. He knows when I'm serious and when I'm just letting off steam.

Wait... I think I can distill this into a common theme:

He knows me... and loves me anyway.

Bookewyrme

Imagined half of it.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bookewyrme.straydreamers.com
The fact that he thinks everything I do is adorable, and it makes him laugh and want to cuddle me every time. Even though it always makes me blush a little self-consciously (I didn't MEAN to say something funny, I was just making an observation!) I still love it. I also love his confidence and the ease with which he gets along with everyone. There's nothing worse than an embarrassingly contentious SO, but hubby is everyone's friendly acquaintance, even if he doesn't have much in common with them. :)

megoblocks

Banned
Reaction score
Brains are overrated. When they have them, they want to talk. Just shut up, look pretty, and make me a sammich

/runs

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
My Significant Others have all had one wonderful trait in common: a pulse.

I just can't get next to dead guys; we never have anything to talk about. After I ask, "So, what's a guy like you doing in a morgue like this?" it's all downhill.

Reaction score
My Significant Others have all had one wonderful trait in common: a pulse.

I just can't get next to dead guys; we never have anything to talk about. After I ask, "So, what's a guy like you doing in a morgue like this?" it's all downhill.
Explain Fred.