Hot Stove Thread

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
I'm resurrecting this thread, because MY Sox are doing pretty good. I wasn't sure how well we would do this year since there were so many changes. The one good thing is they traded a hottie, Scott Podsednik
4574.jpg
, for another hottie, Carlos Quentin
f1042d22b922cea3479ab67366601517-getty-80312842lb003_chicago_white.jpg

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
What's the deal with Favre?

Is he clapping his hands over his helmet so he doesn't hear the fat lady singing?

Are the Packers vengeful SOBs?

Will he play next year?

Where?

Who wants to be Aaron Rodgers today?

I don't even follow the NFL, yet find this story becoming intriguing from a human interest POV.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Is he clapping his hands over his helmet so he doesn't hear the fat lady singing?

Are the Packers vengeful SOBs?

Will he play next year?

Where?

Who wants to be Aaron Rodgers today?

I don't even follow the NFL, yet find this story becoming intriguing from a human interest POV.
I love the guy, but it seems like he needs a little too much, "We love you, Brett! Please come back," accolades from fans and ownership before he makes up his damn mind about retiring. He's been crying the same tune for several years now. And each time, he comes back for another season. How surprising that this year would be any different, only he waited longer this time before coming out of seclusion.

Geez, Brett. Make up your mind already. Preferably sooner, much sooner, rather than later.

Asshole.

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
Ah, now I know. It's about the $. What a surprise.

Brett will stay retired if the Packers pay him a few more million.

Nice.

ETA: Or, they cave, and pay him to go back on the field. What-everrrrr.

Last edited:

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
Where's Tampa's sports fans?

The Rays are playing terrific ball, leading the league and on their way to their first divisional triumph and what do I see at their games?

I'll tell you:

Tens of thousands of empty seats.

Dino, my friend - whaddup wit dat?

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
...Dino, my friend - whaddup wit dat?
I've done my part by attending a few games. I pay for the cheapest seats available, then mosey down to the lower levels where I can enjoy the games from up close. Most times, there's plenty of elbow room.

Before the season even started, the owners submitted plans to build a new ball park along the waterfront that would set taxpayers back a hundred million dollars or so. That turned off a lot of folks. Even die hard fans were taken aback by the sheer audacity of such a proposal. And the plans called for an open aired venue, in sweltering conditions where the chances of thunder storms at any given moment are greater than drier conditions.

Besides that, it takes time for a winning team to build momentum in this market. It's not a baseball town to begin with. The Rays have been in the cellar in standings since their inception. It's going to take a while longer, maybe one or two more winning seasons, before fans jump on the bandwagon. And don't forget the Rays have been playing here for only a decade, so they don't have a storied past to fall back upon to draw fans from earlier, more productive seasons.

I saw the same thing unfold a few years ago in this area with the Lightening hockey franchise. It took the team a couple of playoff appearances before folks took them seriously enough to sell out their games the year they won the Cup.

By the way, the Rays play in Saint Petersburg, Florida. Just thought I'd mention that since some sports announcers beyond this area seem to think "Tampa Bay" means the city of Tampa. It doesn't and refers merely to a region, not an actual city.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Is it wrong of me to wish that a guy in a gorilla suit would yank Tony Kornheiser's chair from under him and beat him half to death with it?

jerry phoenix

Almost expert!
Registered
Reaction score
re resurrecting the thread.

anyone seen any B&I lions RSA tour?

all i could manage to do before todays game was unwrite (delete) two lines that bothered me a few hour after writing them. progress i guess.