Not open for further replies.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
<wanders back into bar carrying enormous multi-barreled water cannon in one hand and a beer in the other, points cannon at Dolores>

Revenge is a dish best served cold...well, lukewarm anyways.

<hoses Dolores down with water from the Bent Nail's horse trough, cycles next barrel up>

Hold on. I need a refill on my beer.

<nods to Soapie and Boston>

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Got 'im. He's prob'ly still toweling off down in the Bent Nail right now.

I'm a gonna' go hide now, 'cept he did ask for it again after the first time. 'Course, some would say I didn't have t' shoot him twice...

<heads down to basement locking doors, activating alarms, setting booby traps, etc., along the way>

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Interesting question from the YA forum--I figure this lot might be better equipped to answer it, since it looks like the respondees so far haven't read the book: Why isn't Let The Right One In considered YA?

I haven't seen it, yet, either. But even if I had, I don't think I'd know why, mostly because YA seems awfully accepting of most things now days, more so than I would have ever thought. From cursing to killing, from what I understand.

Isn't that a vampire movie? I suppose there's a lot of blood involved and maybe some ripping out of throats. Unless I'm thinking about the wrong movie. :Shrug:

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Isn't that a vampire movie? I suppose there's a lot of blood involved and maybe some ripping out of throats. Unless I'm thinking about the wrong movie. :Shrug:

Two vampire movies, actually - one is a somber, intelligent slow-burning thriller/horror hybrid with excellent performances from the entire cast, and some of the moodiest camerawork outside of a Fincher film, the other... Well, it is a typical US remake. Blegh.

I wouldn't advise either being shown to children, so the thought that the books could (in any way, shape or form) be considered YA is insane. I haven't read the book yet, but people have suggested that it is darker than the original adaptation...

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
*looks around*

I think bos already left...

and bones and water slides don't ignite very easily. :e2bummed:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Two vampire movies, actually - one is a somber, intelligent slow-burning thriller/horror hybrid with excellent performances from the entire cast, and some of the moodiest camerawork outside of a Fincher film, the other... Well, it is a typical US remake. Blegh.

I wouldn't advise either being shown to children, so the thought that the books could (in any way, shape or form) be considered YA is insane. I haven't read the book yet, but people have suggested that it is darker than the original adaptation...

An American remake you say? I watched a foreign film with sub-titles, can't remember what country, but I think it might have been it. From what I hear about the movie it sounded an awfully lot like it. I liked that one.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Hi folks!

Another day is done and I'm back home in the nice, quiet privacy of my basement apartment.

Apparently, today was the day my company reached out to those with extra chromosomes and invited them to call me.

Best convo:

Me: This package will save you $375 a year, ma'am.

Her: Oh, I can't afford that.

Me: I'm sorry, did you just say you can't afford to lower your bill?

Her: Yeah, that's too much.

Me: I think we have a bad connection. You just said that you can't afford to save money. Right?

Her: Yeah, I just can't do that right now.

True story.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
firefighter08.jpg

This is me before the "incident" I can't talk about.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
nigh Abby. :D

I had the weekend off, I should've gotten drunk. :Shrug: Instead I just sketched and worked on my WIP. Man, do I know how to have a good time! :/ No wonder I don't have any dates. *sigh*

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

oh geez. Maybe you could check out his puppies while you two are in your dungeon (the bad one not the fun one)

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Once, I think. Maybe...

Usually I just cry in mine. Adds a little saltiness to it (I've actually seen people pour salt in their beer).

Beer and olives is a good combo. Beer and extra sharp cheddar, too.

:)

I'm told salt helps keep the head on a beer. I wouldn't know because I tend to drink mine kinda fast.

Cheddar cheese is good with just about anything.

For you, Greg.

Status
Not open for further replies.