• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Display site] Writespread

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com
This announcement, with the subject heading "WriteSpread.com - Home to lovers of the written word...join us" appeared in my email:
Hello.

Very soon, WriteSpread.com with be launching and we would like to invite The Writer Magazine, the writing groups that have been acknowledged by The Writer Magazine, and all of their members, to join us.

WriteSpread is our online writing community, which has been developed to accommodate all lovers of the written word, and strives to bring writers and readers together.

Recently, WriteSpread.com released its registration page. There, you will find WriteSpread described as:

'Home of the imaginative, expressive writer and the passionate reader. A community with a shared enthusiasm for the written word, through all forms of literature. Writers draft and publish. Readers critique and enjoy.'

For the last few days, our press release has been receiving considerable online attention, and we believe that every member of your writers' group would appreciate being informed about WriteSpread and will undoubtedly want to become a member.

Below, you will find the press release. To view it online, simply follow the link provided. After reading it, I hope you appreciate how much of a tool WriteSpread will be. We hope to hear from you soon and look forward to you joining us and our community.

Regards,

Nathaniel Chandler
Co-Founder of WriteSpread

A link to a press release was included.

I'm trying to figure out just what this site is supposed to do, and how it's supposed to do it. From the press release:
“WriteSpread is a platform for those who translate their thoughts to words, to play at the forefronts of our minds and be appreciated,” they [the co-founders] went on to say. “It lets people enjoy what they are reading more by allowing writers the freedom to communicate the emotion in every piece of work and the inspiration behind every word they write.”

Huh?

It kind of sounds like another display site. Or something.
WriteSpread will let users share their passion, not just their words.

Huh? again.

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
Also from the release:

There have been a few websites that have, putting it simply, changed the world. By using the internet, and its mass-sharing capabilities, they have revolutionised the things we enjoy doing most, making them more social and, therefore, more enjoyable.

Youtube changed the way we share videos, Flickr transformed photo-sharing and Facebook enabled us to share our social activity with friends and family in a way we never could before. Now, a new internet start-up, called WriteSpread, is preparing to change the way readers and writers enjoy and share their “love of the written word”.

I would say it sounds like YADS, but with a social media twist.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Launched, but did not survive '12.