I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't make me port all your posts to the humor forum, boston. It would be sooooooooooooo easy. :D

So I shouldn't mention it was either the mirror statement or one about the funny noises you make when you walk? :D

Sweet, Willie. I loves me some blues.

Of course, then you go and make a statement like this... which almost makes me feel bad for abusing you seeing as you have exceptional taste in music. Or at least recognize it when you hear it.

... Maybe I'm doing you a favor though? Now you can better emphasize with the blues after we all pick on you in here. "The Horror Hound Chihuahua Blues"

Which would be a good title for something.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Bad news-good news update:

Bad news: I didn't make the final cut for the Biblical Terror antho. :(

Good news:

Well, very good news.

Okay, really terrific news: I HAVE AN AGENT. A legit one this time. One who has sales. A track record. Important things like that.

I think I posted this when he offered representation, but we just emailed back and forth and he's sendig the contract.

YAHOO!!!!

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
This entire site has so much info, I'm reading all kinds of older threads. I love the advice. I'm even ready to send a couple of short stories out this Monday. <insert TA-DA here>

Way to go Ted:)

I think Aw is a very inspiring site---good luck on your submissions:D

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
My goal was 500 words this week... to bring my total count to at least 4800.

Hit 5000 Friday.

Story kept me awake Friday night until I realized I'd put more into an important scene than I wanted. Would have brought up way too much garbage to talk my way out of again...

Cleaned it up, brought me back to 4800+.

Put me down for another 500 this week - I have the afternoon kid kommute and all after school activities/homework and bedtime routines while the hubs is on evening shift for the next 3 weeks. I'll be lucky to hit 5300.

Unless I retreat to a world I control with the manipulation of a mouse... hmmm...

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
My goal was 500 words this week... to bring my total count to at least 4800.

Hit 5000 Friday.

Story kept me awake Friday night until I realized I'd put more into an important scene than I wanted. Would have brought up way too much garbage to talk my way out of again...

Cleaned it up, brought me back to 4800+.

Put me down for another 500 this week - I have the afternoon kid kommute and all after school activities/homework and bedtime routines while the hubs is on evening shift for the next 3 weeks. I'll be lucky to hit 5300.

Unless I retreat to a world I control with the manipulation of a mouse... hmmm...

Laurie,

Good job! You made your goal and posted a new goal. Hope the sacrifices are working for you;) Hang in there and keep at it. I understand the go everywhere kiddie blues---when my boys were young---I always carried a note pad with to games---etc. You can squeeze in a bit of writing or jot down an idea. Big hugs...
...and 20 roundhouses for you--for making your goal.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
Well I managed to meet my goal of another 8k on my novel. But I am still TERRIBLY behind over all. Apparently I am great at writing 50K worth of boring parts---but suck at the action sequences….ARGH!

And I also met my goal to get my March Challenge story posted on the SYW board.

This week I am going to watch action/mystery/suspense movies everyday until I force myself to get another 10k in action wordage injected into the damned thing. No matter how crappy they end up being.

Nothing else for now, I must focus.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
A scanty 250 this week. I'd planned for another 500 - 750 on a second story I was about 1000 words into, but I seem to have misplaced the story. So perhaps instead of being + 250 this week, I'm actually down 750. :(

Not that I can't rewrite it, but I've started it and stopped three times already until I finally got it where I wanted it.

Still, it might be on the laptop.

We'll see.

1000 goal next week.

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
I wrote 376 words for the Horror challenge! w00t! It was inspired by my morning can of Red Bull, reading about Imperialism, and Coma White by Marilyn Manson.

I feel slightly wired and insane now.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Well I managed to meet my goal of another 8k on my novel. But I am still TERRIBLY behind over all. Apparently I am great at writing 50K worth of boring parts---but suck at the action sequences….ARGH!

And I also met my goal to get my March Challenge story posted on the SYW board.

This week I am going to watch action/mystery/suspense movies everyday until I force myself to get another 10k in action wordage injected into the damned thing. No matter how crappy they end up being.

Nothing else for now, I must focus.

Soapdish,

Good job with goals. I love movies for inspiration. 20 roundhouses and a pat on the back.

If you need some movie ideas?
I have seen these and they are excellent:)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Messengers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deceived
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Again
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serenity_(film)

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I wrote 376 words for the Horror challenge! w00t! It was inspired by my morning can of Red Bull, reading about Imperialism, and Coma White by Marilyn Manson.

I feel slightly wired and insane now.
You'd fit in around me just fine:D

Bsolah,

Great job---passed the goal I set for you---I knew you could do it:)
30 pushups for you and a big thumbs up. Don't forget to post this weeks goal. More output I say:e2teeth:

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
I nearly missed it - it is Tuesday in Australia :tongue

I'm not sure what my goal should be this week. I am meant to be working on my talk, but haven't done enough reading to begin on the first draft.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
A scanty 250 this week. I'd planned for another 500 - 750 on a second story I was about 1000 words into, but I seem to have misplaced the story. So perhaps instead of being + 250 this week, I'm actually down 750. :(

Not that I can't rewrite it, but I've started it and stopped three times already until I finally got it where I wanted it.

Still, it might be on the laptop.

We'll see.

1000 goal next week.

Haggis,

You need a location spell from Lilly or a better memory. For the location spell, I think you need a goat or a sheep? 30 pushups for you--my favorite undead pooch---and a big hug---hope you find your story.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Haggis,

You need a location spell from Lilly or a better memory. For the location spell, I think you need a goat or a sheep? 30 pushups for you--my favorite undead pooch---and a big hug---hope you find your story.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

How did I get that rep? :Wha: I can introduce you to some witches (real ones), but I'm just an airhead masquerading as a responsible citizen.

My goals: 300 words on the *paying gig*. Gads, I love writing that! It's copyediting, so my wordcount will be lower than normal.

Also waiting on the hack-and-slash edits from the shiny new agent. *contented sigh* I get the feeling they'll be extensive, so I'll be petitioning our benevolent Tyrant for extra pushups to get my rear in gear. :D

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
How did I get that rep? :Wha: I can introduce you to some witches (real ones),
witches are interesting peoples:)
but I'm just an airhead masquerading as a responsible citizen.

My goals: 300 words on the *paying gig*. Gads, I love writing that! It's copyediting, so my wordcount will be lower than normal.

Also waiting on the hack-and-slash edits from the shiny new agent. *contented sigh* I get the feeling they'll be extensive, so I'll be petitioning our benevolent Tyrant for extra pushups to get my rear in gear. :D

Lilly,

Good luck on the pay piece and may your edits not be overly brutal. 40 pushups for our newly agented horror hound:)

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

Last edited:

cathyfreeze

I lost my fever! I need it back!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Missed Monday--sorry. ::grovels::

I got about 300-400wds by then, but i didn't really *count* 'em--it's between and among two different wips, and i just could *not* do all the highlighting or color-changing that would have required...it just kills the creative mood. :)

For this week, i offer 250 wds, again, to the Tigress--that seems to be do-able, for me. This week, i'll try to remember to do a pre-and post-word count, so i can make some realistic judgement. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.