Purgatory's SPit Shine

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver76

Living the Dream (Nightmare)
Registered
Reaction score
thanks all i should hear from them within a month or so with the details of what they want to see from me...

silver76

Registered
Reaction score
agent loved the revision- working out a few small details and then sending it to the first editor- GULP...

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Silver, woot! That's fantastic. :D

I'm officially on sub today. Yikes is it scary.

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
Whoot Silver! Yaay Snappy! <- ooh yeah, going on sub is nerve wracking. Everything crossed for you two!

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck Snappy and partner. Let the Inbox checking begin.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, wow, I missed the good news for Silver! And yay for Snappy too! Very exciting! May great things happen for both of you!

Last edited:

silver76

Registered
Reaction score
thanks guys...i'm freaking- agent is like- fix this small thing and then send it to her- I AM sending it to the editor...it feels really cool...
good luck snappy- echoing everyone else, but try as much as you can to work on something else- it and booze will keep you sane

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yes, booze is key, and yeah, writing too. :D

Wordwrestler

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Maybe that's why i went a little crazy on sub . . . I don't drink.

Hoping for big news for you guys!

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Fingers crossed, Silver!!!!

WOO HOO, SNAPPY!!! Let the waiting drinking begin!

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks all. I also decided to start a diet since I gained ten pounds in the last year. Doesn't sound like a lot, but when you're 5'1" - like me - every pound might as well be multiplied by ten. Why did I decide to do this now? Masochism aka being a writer.
smiley-dazed_confused1.png

Last edited:

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
Oh, man, I have put on a few pounds over the last couple of years. NOT cool. And I'm really not good at figuring out how to get rid of it. Spa appointment, please! :D

Wordwrestler

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I recommend judo for weight loss/maintenance. If I slack off, some fourteen-year-old who's been waiting since she was six to beat me is going to finally get her chance. Plus, the judo-gi is very thick and heavy. Lots of sweating. And, if I eat too much before practice, I'll want to puke once I get going. Knowing that makes it easy to turn down that second helping.

Kudos to those who have enough self-discipline to diet. I can't give up chocolate and cookies (and especially chocolate cookies) so I stick with what works for me—fear of pain and humiliation.

Last edited:

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Word, you are a tough woman. But we knew that already :)

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
I recommend judo for weight loss/maintenance. If I slack off, some fourteen-year-old who's been waiting since she was six to beat me is going to finally get her chance. Plus, the judo-gi is very thick and heavy. Lots of sweating. And, if I eat too much before practice, I'll want to puke once I get going. Knowing that makes it easy to turn down that second helping.

Kudos to those who have enough self-discipline to diet. I can't give up chocolate and cookies (and especially chocolate cookies) so I stick with what works for me—fear of pain and humiliation.

:ROFL:

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score

Word, judo is awesome. I practice Shotokan karate - the traditional Japanese style, not Americanized version. So, I understand all about sweating, lol. Been practicing about eight years, but the work schedule means I'm only going twice per week now. In the past I'd go four - five times per week, so the drop in activity - plus the fact that I LOVE food - has put the pounds on. :(

silver76

Registered
Reaction score
Just sent manuscript to editor- emailed me back within 5 minutes- told me she was excited and would get back to me with comments as soon as she could!!!!!
WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.