Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Finally an answer to a mystery that has puzzled me for years: How the heck is Ally always up when I get up in the morning? :tongue

Oh yes, i rarely sleep and when i do its often in the day, rather then at night like a normal person. What can i say i'm a night owl.

I just can't sleep at all, unless I'm in a strict routine. I have lavender-scented stuff under my pillow. I have one specific tea I drink exactly 30 minutes before going to bed. I listen to the same music every night before sleeping. Sometimes I rub lavender on my feet if I'm desperate (I swear that stuff's like a drug)

I listen to the same music too... If i want to fall asleep i have to be listening to music most time and the rest of my room has to be silent and dark. I always wake up on the same song and turn off my iphone too.

Ugh. So pissed off now. What good do parents get by pointing things out to their kids apart from pissing them off? seriously? there's nothing i can or am able to do about the issue now, so why bother?! i already know the problem -.-

Sorry, little ranting mode. lol

Sorry! *hugs*

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
John Green is a YA author (his other books are Looking for Alaska, An Abundance of Katherines, Paper Towns, Will Grayson Will Grayson *with David Levithan*, and The Fault in Our Stars). He also makes fairly popular videos on youtube with his brother. The people who watch the video's are called Nerdfighters, and I think there are a few twifty nerdfighters.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Has anybody here read The Fault in Our Stars yet?

No. :( It's currently in a shipping truck somewhere in Indiana. Tomorrow it'll be sitting in the campus mail room. I won't even be there to get it until Saturday.

No idea who that is.

*gasps* I don't even know how to respond to that.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, yes! I've read Looking For Alaska. awesomesauce.

(HR - I don't remember male author's names unless they're classics or my absolute FAVORITES. For example, I know Scott Westerfeld, and... Rick Riordan, at the moment)

I generally find male names really boring, unless they're really cool names, like Indiana Jones or Jack Sparrow.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
John Green is a YA author (his other books are Looking for Alaska, An Abundance of Katherines, Paper Towns, Will Grayson Will Grayson *with David Levithan*, and The Fault in Our Stars). He also makes fairly popular videos on youtube with his brother. The people who watch the video's are called Nerdfighters, and I think there are a few twifty nerdfighters.

Yup, that's the guy that sometimes is involved in Harry Potter fandom (podcasts, blogs, etc) I thought I recognised the name.
Never read his books though

ETA: Ever written your WIP scenes out of order? Like, ending in the middle? lol

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
OMG I'm like... nearly crying. I just wrote THE most emotional scene in my WIP. In fact it's the most emotional I've EVER written. I can't believe it... I've never killed off a character I barely knew before! lol (only saying that because I'm writing a scene near the end before I've got to the end) ... but I still feel connected.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys. :)

I went round to a friend's house after class, and she said she'd go to the HP studio tour with me for my birthday! POTTERHEADS UNITE. :D

In writing news, I'm going to resurect (sp) an old story. In other words - major restructuring and changing of POV.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Ely.

Oh, and I have a couple of ideas for Script Frenzy.

WHY ARE ALL MY IDEAS COMING NOW??? D:

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
ETA: Ever written your WIP scenes out of order? Like, ending in the middle? lol

Nope, but I have tried. The other day, I imagined the 'final battle' scene for my current WiP. With dialogue and awesomeness and everything (I think in words, it's hard to explain) But the moment I tried putting pen to paper, the scene vanished in my head. I was so sad :(

I'm physically incapable of writing out of order.

Hi guys!

It's great to hear you're getting so into your WiP, Kat! ^^

PeverellSister

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm home from school (and practice), and I'm going to start rewriting my next chapter after dinner. I'm really excited about how the second draft is going. I'm starting to figure out that characters, plot, and even a theme may be lurking within the first draft crappyness.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Hello! Or, in my family's language (Tagalog), Kamusta ka. Uses Spanish vowel pronunciation since The Philippines was a colony. Named after King Philip if it isn't obvious.

What's good?

Oh man, I love saying that now instead of "What's up?" hehe

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Beauty and the Beast in 3D tomorrow?

.... HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS??????

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hello. :)

Going to bed soon. I should have gone earlier, but I'm watching TV.

chocowrites

scaredy cat
Registered
Reaction score
um. I'll just leave this here won't I?

tumblr_lxno6yZm5s1r0u1neo1_500.gif

chocowrites

scaredy cat
Registered
Reaction score
Choco - Ah. Dor. Ah. Bul.
I saw it & I pretty much can't focus on writing with all the cute ahahaha. broke my concentration.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Choco! Awww that's almost how my puppy looked like 2.5 years ago!

Might be big... sorry

9025_1191755391374_1153050703_30816973_137988_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.