Greetings, potential new friends.

JDarvinWords

sex/rage through song/dance
Registered
Reaction score
My name is John Barbee, and I am a writer of dark satire and transgressive fiction. This is a fancy way of saying that I self-medicate and stare at my computer screen for hours a day while blaming society for my lack of results. Believe it or not, I am not here just to act like a peacock and beg for critique on my literary feathers. I hope to become a part of a community of writers, artists, and intellectuals in a world where relationship status changes are more important than quality content or advanced thinking. Thank you in advance for welcoming me, and I hope we can become friends. Just don't get offended if it takes me a while to invite you to family functions.

JRehnay

My cats don't let me sleep.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome :)! I'm sure you'll love it here. I hope to see some of your stuff in the Share Your Work section someday!

JDarvinWords

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome :)! I'm sure you'll love it here. I hope to see some of your stuff in the Share Your Work section someday!

You will! I also look forward to reading other work on here and maybe even finding one of my favorite new writers.

iron9567

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the site hope you enjoy yourself here. So take your shoes off and grab a good book and make yourself at home. I hope you get entrenched with the enjoyable while wild ride this site has to offer those who choose to participate in the riches this site has to give.
thanks
iron

JDarvinWords

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all! I can already tell I'm going to be very comfortable in this environment.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Ayles

Still Learning the Ropes.
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: Welcome to AW!

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler!

:welcome:

AW is a huge place, and there's a lot of information to be found here. Take your time and browse around to get a feel of the various forums.

And don't forget to check out the Newbie Guide. Enjoy your stay. :)

tinker

Winging it!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, John!
Hope you enjoy the site as much as I do!
:welcome:

Juan Merlot

Rookie
Registered
Reaction score
My name is John Barbee, and I am a writer of dark satire and transgressive fiction. This is a fancy way of saying that I self-medicate and stare at my computer screen for hours a day while blaming society for my lack of results. Believe it or not, I am not here just to act like a peacock and beg for critique on my literary feathers. I hope to become a part of a community of writers, artists, and intellectuals in a world where relationship status changes are more important than quality content or advanced thinking. Thank you in advance for welcoming me, and I hope we can become friends. Just don't get offended if it takes me a while to invite you to family functions.
Welcome to the cooler John. Good luck with your writing.

Jim Riley

Louisiana: Sportsman's Paradise
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome,
Jim