Auxesis April 500 words/day-all genres welcome

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: kaitie. Keeping them calm is hard, we're having a tough time with Stella. I'm praying for your pooch.

19 words for me yesterday.

What?

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
On an unrelated note, I have to take my doggie in to the vet tomorrow to have a biopsy done. It's minor surgery and I'm not really worried in that regard, but I'm hoping that the results come back negative for anything really horrible, and we have to keep her and the puppy from playing for five days. I have no idea how that's going to happen and have a feeling that they're both going to be driving us crazy for a week, so any good thoughts or prayers would be very welcome.

:Hug2:

Good thoughts and prayers on their way!

Also thinking about Stella and your family, HJ.

No words for me today. I have no excuse, except laziness. Just can't settle to write. On the positive side, my house is lovely and clean. Ain't procrastinating grand!:D

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: to all puppies and puppy parents.

And I think 19 words is perfect. Better than no words and no sparkly clean house to show for it. ;)

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
1,447 words tonight.

I am on fire with this WIP...

knightrunnermat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.horseracinghottie.com
1,883 words so far today. I scrapped the ms I had been working on and started something new that I am really excited about. I outlined almost the whole book today and I obviously got a good chunk of actual writing in today, too.

I might come back to the old ms at some point because it has a few characters that I really like and want to see them develop eventually, but now is not really the time for that.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
1,238! Woohoo!

Doggie has been rescheduled for tomorrow, so hopefully she does well. Otherwise my crazy busy week is likely to stay crazy busy, but I'm on a roll, and I'm literally about a scene away from the big climax. Looking forward to writing that part. Not sure how much wrapping things up will be, but I'm getting there.

Also, look at my word count! For a long time I thought I'd never see that number.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about all the dog-problems. And Jude, I hope the kid's better as well... :)

I'm invisible - just ignore me. I'm trying to really push through the words today - want to get much closer to an actual 500 wordcount :)

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*sigh* Slowest writer ever.

337 words so far (and four cups of coffee and no phone breaks or futzing around, just beating the words into shape).

:e2writer:

Must. Keep. Going....

Marya

In search of distractions
Registered
Reaction score
Website
africanalchemy.wordpress.com
Kaitie I hope the dog's biopsy goes well and you can keep dogs separate without going mad.

Wrote 1 870 words, a new scene yesterday and it reads like sheer unadulterated brilliance which means I will have to come down from my cloud at some point and spot the faults.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I added some words yesterday after cutting, but it's all on paper and messy so word count unknown. But they are words!

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm stopping. 415 words PLUS WHATEVER I JUST DELETED BY CLOSING THE WRONG DOCUMENT.

*sob*

I was so close!!

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Aww, McCardey! That's awful. Hopefully you didn't lose much.

knightrunnermat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
That's awful! I hate when that happens. That's why I now email the file I am working on to myself several times per day. It's neurotic, I know, but that way if my computer crashes, I don't lose everything.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't lose much. Knightrunner, I'm an obsessive backer-upper. This time I just closed without checking I had the right doc - and I didn't.

No harm done. I ended with 401 449 words for the day, and as we all know, for me, at this stage of the game - that's something of a minor triumph ;)

Last edited:

knightrunnermat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I didn't lose much. Knightrunner, I'm an obsessive backer-upper. This time I just closed without checking I had the right doc - and I didn't.

No harm done. I ended with 401 words for the day, and as we all know, for me, at this stage of the game - that's something of a minor triumph ;)

I'm glad you didn't lose much, but if you're like me, even losing a little is still a minor tragedy. I am going to back up my work right now... :)

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
400-something today. Not bad considering today is one of my crazy days and I've been completely and utterly brain dead for most of it. :tongue

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
1,256 words this morning.

Feeling extremely sleep-deprived of late, but word count keeps going up.

Marya

In search of distractions
Registered
Reaction score
Website
africanalchemy.wordpress.com
Mccardey I'm glad it wasn't a serious loss -- I once lost 6 000 words of edited non-fiction text and cried for two days. Redoing proofreading is murder.

300 words before breakfast. They sound better than all the guff I dashed off yesterday.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
1188 words! I was on a roll! Phew it is the best bit I've done so far. Feeling pleased with myself. Breakfast is now going to be a cooked one!