Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
JaniceR said:
They advertise on Craigslist for "data entry, work from home" "jobs." I answered one such ad, thinking I'd be entering orders, but the job description said that the work involved joining free forums to post "messages." You get paid per reply. I wrote back, saying, "you're hiring people to be spammers?" Ugh.

Those jobs will probably go to India or China before long, why pay even fifty cents per post when you can pay fifty cents a day for someone to do hundreds of posts for 10 hours a day.

Heck, with all the free laptops going to Nigeria there's a whole new labor force out there to send those "Beloved Friend, I am writing to tell you that I have chosen you to distribute my estate to charity." emails. (I got that scary concept from this article in The Guardian)

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
I opened the PM in front of my 18 month old daughter and husband...I actually yelped when I saw that terrifying, well, um...thingy. Yikes. Besides it being in bad taste, I'd run screaming from the room if something like that was waved in my face. I'd be afraid it would try and attack or eat the pets. Sorry for the review - feel free to cover your mind's eye!

I'm guilty of sending an IM to Mac. I was a bit freaked.

I have a hacker friend who hunted down a particularly nasty spammer that got into our Macthoy site...he did something delightfully awful to that person's computer. He is a minor deity when it comes to all that teknawlogee and compooter stuff. I guess it wasn't the first time the spammer had dropped by.
The last time (before my friend blew up their computer) they replaced our opening page with a rather graphic talking bit of a woman's anatomy. It didn't matter what link you tried to open on our site, you just got the prattling hoo-hoo.

At least Jennifersworld's photo didn't talk....

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
If I receive a talking photo of that Asian man and his Statistical Improbability, then I'm giving up on this internet thing altogether.

It was amazing how few pictures of naked men ever turned up on my typewriter.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
I have it on good authority that our spammer was reported to their ISP. Just in case anyone was wondering. (And, just in case anyone wants to give rep points for doing so, the credit for doing so belongs to Medievalist.)

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
PeeDee said:
It was amazing how few pictures of naked men ever turned up on my typewriter.

Leaves a lot open to interpretation, seeing as 'how few' can be viewed as 'at least one or more'. :D

NicoleJLeBoeuf

a work in progress
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nicolejleboeuf.com
MacAllister said:
Oh the user is already banned. I was just trying to figure out if I could spare anyone who got a PM they haven't opened yet from the, um, experience.
I am going to assume that the presence of the rather overly endowed man in my Inbox means you weren't able to accomplish that.

I was about to forward it to you, but then I checked the sender's profile and saw that it was already banned, so I just deleted it.

I've got a pretty strong stomach, and my eyes and ears do not typically burn up upon hearing/seeing sexually explicit material, but I'm in a coffee shop right now. I think I need to apologize to the person sitting behind me just in case he got an unwanted eyeful.

Bleah on spammers. Bleah on pr0n spammers. Bleah upon them all, with a pox where the sun don't shine and a cherry right on top.

NicoleJLeBoeuf

a work in progress
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nicolejleboeuf.com
Foinah said:
]The last time (before my friend blew up their computer) they replaced our opening page with a rather graphic talking bit of a woman's anatomy. It didn't matter what link you tried to open on our site, you just got the prattling hoo-hoo.
Dibs on "Prattling Hoo-Hoo" as an alterno-local folk-rock band name. Or "Prattling Hoo-Hah," that works too.

TwentyFour

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I feel so left out.

san_remo_ave

Back at it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainegolden.com
For once, I think I'm rather glad I'm late and left out....

All sorts of anatomical wonders, huh?

Sounds like there's a whole new type of "flasher" to look out for and one doesn't get the warning of a trenchcoat paired with nekked ankles before the unveiling....:eek:

(I'm off to bed, but fear the mental image of prattling hoo-hoos will taint my dreams.... )

Glenda

Registered
Reaction score
For once I'm glad I do more reading than posting.

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
I think I got that spam letter once. I didn't know who 'Jennifersworld' was, so I just deleted it. I think I also saw that poster on one of the erotcia forums I visit--Veinglory's, if I'm not mistaken.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Could someone send me a copy of the offensive letter in question.

I need it for, er, research.

FergieC

Bored at work fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathferguson.co.uk
I never got an well-endowed man in my inbox either :cry:

Those jobs will probably go to India or China before long, why pay even fifty cents per post when you can pay fifty cents a day for someone to do hundreds of posts for 10 hours a day.

Outsourcing hate propoganda? Interesting. They're seriously taking people on and paying them to do this? The world is becoming more mercenary by the moment.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Could someone send me a copy of the offensive letter in question.

I need it for, er, research.

Wouldn't have done you any good. He was a little long....................

.......in the tooth!

Status
Not open for further replies.