Introduction with a question.

OC#50

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
It's time to end this thread and---for whomever was interested---give an attempt at a conclusion to my dilemma.

The short of it is that I decided not to sign on with this publisher. My gut told me it wasn't the best fit. Although the editor was professional, seemingly forthcoming and patient, I was leary of my book in their market. I thought I could do more business elsewhere. With fifty queries/submissions floating about, I had only received four definite rejections at the time of my decision.

Will I live to regret it? I might. I'm coming to the realization that negotiating the turbulent waters of the publishing world resembles the dating scene when i was in my early twenties. Another way of characterizing it comes from a former assistant superintendent under whom I taught back in the day. In her capacity of personnel director she remarked that she "had kissed alot of frogs" in her day and a few princes.

I am sure editors can relate to that comment, but I believe authors can as well. We are all doing a little dance seeing which matches end up being the best partners.