Associations, organizations and Unions?

TrixieBelden

Registered
Reaction score
Who belongs to what and is it worth the fee?

Ive checked the websites of the National Writers Association and it seems poorly constructed and a bit shady and the Writers Union site isn't much better. One of my goals this year is to join a beneficial writers association. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

scriptor

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Who belongs to what and is it worth the fee?

Ive checked the websites of the National Writers Association and it seems poorly constructed and it shady and the Writers Union site isn't much better. One of my goals this year is to join a beneficial writers association. Any suggestions?

I don't know if you've already done this or not but I just googled writer guilds in my city and came up with a list. Also you can check your local Library.

If you come up with something please pass it along to me, I have a similar goal for the year as well and think I could benefit from such an association, union, and/or guild. If I find anything I'll pass it along as well.
Good luck and God Speed.

scope

Commonsensical Maverick
Registered
Reaction score
Authors Guild
Mediabistro
SCBWI
Spawn
WriterMarket.com
PublishersMarketplace
Shelfari
LibraryThing

However, it depends on what your needs are.

Laurie PK

Fulltime blogger & freelance writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theadventurouswriter.com
I did a little research on MediaBistro, and found that some writers relay on the health insurance they provide. If you need insurance, I'd pursue the MB possibility.....to research it, try Googling different variations of "MediaBistro health insurance" and such, to see what other freelancers have said about it.

Go, Girl Detective! :)

TrixieBelden

Registered
Reaction score
I did research some of media Bistros health insurance. Thanks LauriePK.
I really want to join a guild of some kind this year but just aren't sure which. Ill spend all year deciding!