Status
Not open for further replies.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
"What happens to us in the future? Do we become a-holes or something?"

FIGHT THE FUTURE!

WHAT UP PEEPS!! Good morning, and I MISSED YOU!!!

ETOLA!!! How goes the battle?

I r getting sick.

Me, too. :(

Apologies in advance for dragging my pimpin' ways into the Cantina, but if any of you are inclined, I'd love to see you stop by my guest blog at the mother ship or this fun one about heartbreak and cannibalism.

I approve of cannibal questions. :D

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Hello, Amergina! Sorry to hear you've been fired. But yeah, five more weeks of paid office time? How about some ninja-writing? ;)

Thanks. :)

Ninja nothing. I've got my laptop here and I'm writing away. :) The entire office is closing, so we're all sinking in the same boat. I've already turned over my work to folks overseas, so basically, I'm acting as a consultant until the end.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No, no and no. Be patient. It's something silly.

Something like THIS?!??!?:

Mr._Silly.jpg

or THIS?!:

silly_walks_small.jpg

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. :)

Ninja nothing. I've got my laptop here and I'm writing away. :) The entire office is closing, so we're all sinking in the same boat. I've already turned over my work to folks overseas, so basically, I'm acting as a consultant until the end.

Ugh. That happened to me a couple of jobs ago (except my employer sold out to the employer I'd just left). I was the last person in the office, and left after someone from corporate came and unhooked the server and the regional manager told me to take all the files left in the office and burn them in the parking lot (true story. Also: classy).

Something will come along. :)

We'll work the corner for you.

:Wha: Thank you?

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Friends will help you make things work. Good friends will help you work the corner.

Nope, see, still feel kinda icky. ;)

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
It's 48 degrees in our office. We can't use the bathroom or the sinks because the pipes are frozen. Heating contractor just showed up and said "well, here's your problem. the entire heating unit should have been replaced in the late '80s".

Have I mentioned how much I like working here?

*resumes typing with gloved Muppet-hands*

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Good morning. Coffee timez over here.

I concur on both points. If my feet are cold, putting on a hat works wonders--my body just sends the excess warmth to my extremities instead.

Also, do I have to start writing stories about Lord DarkBacon, the DarkBorne line's loyal vampire pig?

I too think I would definitely read a book about Vampire Bacon.

For reals.

Vampire bacon...

I can't decided if I would eat it, or it would eat me...

oh man...what have I wrought? And I shall also pimp : If you want, the vampire baRon has done an interview on my blog. Thus, it's Interview with the Vampire... Baron. I've done that all over the net, may as well do it in here. It's a stop in the Write 1 Sub 1 Blog chain

http://farseeingfairytales.blogspot.com/2012/01/interview-with-character-link-4-in-aw.html

I r getting sick.

NOES! Get better my friend!

It's 48 degrees in our office. We can't use the bathroom or the sinks because the pipes are frozen. Heating contractor just showed up and said "well, here's your problem. the entire heating unit should have been replaced in the late '80s".

Yep. Been that way in my office since last winter, but since we are moving... this July, they elected not to replace the heater/ac. Yes. We will have gone almost a year w/o heat and air by the time we move. And replacement would be $4k. And I know one of the boss's spends about $1k a month on eating out. So if he would just pack a lunch for 4 months, or heaven forbid, pay for his own lunch like we do, we'd have a heater.

I'm glad I'm home today. I have a rather negative attitude.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com

Ugh.

*sends you heat*

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Et! Stretched Eon, Negative Viewing.

Hi, Cobra! Um...compressed era, positive hearing?

ETOLA!!! How goes the battle?

Still no agent. I need to send out another round of queries. Getting on top of workload at work, but that is a Sysiphian task. No luck on the house hunt. At least I'm finding ways to squeeze in writing, at last!

No, no and no. Be patient. It's something silly.

I expect nothing less from a person with Pinkie Pie as their avatar :D

Yep. Been that way in my office since last winter, but since we are moving... this July, they elected not to replace the heater/ac. Yes. We will have gone almost a year w/o heat and air by the time we move. And replacement would be $4k. And I know one of the boss's spends about $1k a month on eating out. So if he would just pack a lunch for 4 months, or heaven forbid, pay for his own lunch like we do, we'd have a heater.

I'm glad I'm home today. I have a rather negative attitude.

Stay warm, my friend! *hands you a blanket stitched with love and shiny*

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I have two words for Hillz and Bettiecakes:

Space. Heater.

The funny thing is, we can't have too many going at the same time or the breakers blow- so it's like Survivor! You have to Outwit, Outplay, Outlast to get one, and hope it doesn't get stolen when you go to lunch.

It hasn't come to blows yet... but it gets ugly sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.