Grandma Susie's House of FUNNERS 'N FLOOZIES (Volume III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm honestly not trying to change the subject, but we have had the weirdest weather here this week.

Monday we had the coldest day we've had since last winter (19 F); yesterday and today have been unusually warm. I could literally wear a short-sleeve shirt outside today. I was out earlier and when I got in I left the front door open just to get some fresh air into the house.

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm debating on making another pot.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Same here. Warmer, then freakishly cold, then freakishly warmer again.

Illinois = Freaky weather

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was interviewed by a local newspaper reporter earlier this week. She was from Chicago. We got to talking about Chicago. I told her I loved the city but I didn't think I could stand that wind coming off the lake in winter. I liked to have frozen up there one time.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
When I was at film school up in Tennessee, the dorms were right by this lake. And it was ridunculous for me. So I don't even want to think about Chi-town.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I've drank all the coffee I made today. I've been making smaller pots, since I've been leaving so much undrank... is that a word?

I've gotten lots of words today. But I'm taking a break to eat and watch a bit of a movie... then more writings!

It's been going much better since I do these 1 hour sessions... I set my ipod to the "sleep" function - then when my hour is up, it turns off. Then I'm not watching the clock or my word count...

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think I have frostbite :( I finally decided to dump out an old barrel that was left on our deck from the boy's mom. The rain had filled it almost halfway and I was worried about the weight. Anyway, I started with no socks or shoes because I thought it wouldn't be that bad. A couple of trips later my feet were stinging, minutes later my feet were completely numb. But by then I figured I was almost done so why bother to stop?

Bad choice.

Now I have my feet bundled and am still waiting for them to unthaw. At least my toes hurt, means I didn't kill the nerves!!

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Do you want me to stomp on the rest of your foot to see if it'll hurt, too?:D

Syd, didn't anyone ever tell you to wear shoes in the winter? Did you wrap warm cloths around them? As long as they're not discolored, they should be alright. :Hug2: I can breathe fire on them, if you want.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
ooh, thanks stormie. Sorry it was hard on you. Let's drink it away and we can pour some onto Syd's toes, that ought to make them feel better.

I watched that, bettie. Good movie, the view was...spectacular...;)

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening house of toes and movies. Interesting. So A/C is saying he's going to get slapped. Never. I can't imagine it. :roll:
Hm. I'm trying to decide whether or not to give some wordage a shot or to vegetate tonight. :Shrug:

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do you want me to stomp on the rest of your foot to see if it'll hurt, too?:D

Syd, didn't anyone ever tell you to wear shoes in the winter? Did you wrap warm cloths around them? As long as they're not discolored, they should be alright. :Hug2: I can breathe fire on them, if you want.

I figured since some of the work was done inside that it would be fine :( They have gained all of their feeling so I think you won't need to breathe any fire, but thanks for the offer!

For syndneyd's frostbit toes and for anyone who had a rough day, I'm bringing a great bottle of...something. Red wine, white wine, peppermint schnapps....

It was a rough day here in the Neverending Three-Ring Circus World. Come on, Funners 'N Floozies!

I would much rather be coming back from a long day than gearing up to go to one. Once I'm there it will be fine, going there is half the battle. I will take some peppermint schnapps and hot chocolate please.

Australia. :)

Ahh! We were just talking about this movie! Sooooo goood. There is this one part...where...well I won't say but I cannot watch it without getting goosebumps. Soooo good.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
huh, I don't think I got goosebumps...did you watch it while your toes were frozen?

I'm glad you got feeling back into them. :) But then again, you could've used that as an excuse not to go to work tonight."I can't come in, boss, my toes fell off."

Last edited:

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I had a burger patty with some A-1 sauce and grilled onions. Pretty delicious. I am wondering if A-1 is a worldwide phenomenon? It should be, I could eat that stuff with anything.

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning funners.

So how was your evening, A/C? Is your face still in one piece?
:D

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Repeated slapping will do that to a man.

ROAR :D

Status
Not open for further replies.