Status
Not open for further replies.

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
Ohhh. Hold on...let me dig up what's on mine :)

ETA: playlist below :D

I'm going to see the Anberlin acoustic tour later this month *dances*

I swear, if I were ever going to tattoo a band's name on my body, it would be theirs. I even got to interview Stephen Christian the first summer they played Warped. He is the nicest rockstar I've ever met.

And has Paramore gotten any better with the third album? I have a reviewers' copy of All We Know Is Falling, from when they were nobodies, and was so bummed over how horrendous Riot! was in comparison.

Oh, and back from the mall. Tried on dresses at Hollister again, but the only money spent was at Gap Kids (clearence PJs and panties for the spawn). Le sigh.

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
You got to interview them?! Gaaaaah. So jealous!

And I hate to be partial to your daughter but I :heart: pajamas so I always say- good investment :tongue

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
I think I'm one of the only people who doesn't come up with a playlist for my novels. It's weird because I'm such a big music nerd. I have a soundtrack for my own life, but when I'm writing all I hear is silence.

On a side note, I freaking love Placebo!

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
You got to interview them?! Gaaaaah. So jealous!

And I hate to be partial to your daughter but I :heart: pajamas so I always say- good investment :tongue

Well, only Stephen, but that meant that we were the big wigs of those interviewing the band...in situations like Warped tour, there are several publications interviewing one band, who show up for one time slot. So the publications with the most clout get the lead singers, and the other band members split up to answer questions for the other interviewers from smaller places. I used to be cool and hip and junk. Really!

And yeah, she's growing out of a lot of what she has, so I figured I'd better scoop some new ones up when I saw them on sale :)

I think I'm one of the only people who doesn't come up with a playlist for my novels. It's weird because I'm such a big music nerd. I have a soundtrack for my own life, but when I'm writing all I hear is silence.

On a side note, I freaking love Placebo!

I've not made a formal playlist for this WIP, but there have been songs that I hear randomly and think "this should SO go in the movie version..." hahaa!

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
I *need* music to write. Even if its like 3 AM. :ROFL:

I do not understand people who can write without music or background noise. I mean...how do you work?!

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
I *need* music to write. Even if its like 3 AM. :ROFL:

I do not understand people who can write without music or background noise. I mean...how do you work?!

What Smiley said.

Silence is evil if you ask me. :tongue

I could say the same for those who can listen to music and write at the same time! I do like to have music when I'm cleaning house or something, just not when reading, writing, or coding.

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
Oh, and writing update...gave the synopsis another go while sitting in the mall food court eating lunch. Didn't get too far, but didn't automatically delete it, so that's good.

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
I can't have music when I write. Any distractions are...distracting. Ha!

I had to have silence when I studied too. If anything interrupts my thoughts they get all muddled and I lose whatever train I was on.

Aslera

Not an exact science
Registered
Reaction score
I can read in silence, or read with music, doesn't matter because it all drowns away.

I cannot write in silence, at all.

Current playlist for my dystopian WIP is
The Scientist — Aimee Mann (Coldplay Cover)
Never Say Never — Tyler Ward (The Fray cover)
This Life — La Rocca
Halfway to the Bottom — Aqualung
Brighter than Sunshine — Aqualung
Rolls So Deep — Aqualung
Breathe In Breathe Out — Mat Kearney
It’s Beginning To Get To Me — Snow Patrol
Look After You — The Fray
Runaway Car — Mat Kearney

I'm calling it the Aqualung novel :p

My contemporary YA novel's playlist is currently:
Empire by Jukebox the Ghost
Can You Tell by Ra Ra Riot
Waiting for My Chance to Come by Noah and the Whale
Oh, La by Ra Ra Riot
Heaven by the Walkmen
Delay, Delay by the Heartbreaks
Just Me Before We Met by Noah and the Whale
Id Engager by Of Montreal
Everybody by Ingrid Michaelson
Save My Heart by Jason Reeves
Don't Ask Me To Explain by Of Montreal
LIFEGOESON by Noah and the Whale
All The Rowboats by Regina Spektor
End of the World by Ingrid Michaelson

Aslera

Not an exact science
Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently trying to write two books at the same time in two different genres (both YA). I'm surprising myself because while progress is slower, it's not that difficult thusfar.

Dorothy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dorothydreyer.wordpress.com
I can't have music when I write. Any distractions are...distracting. Ha!

I had to have silence when I studied too. If anything interrupts my thoughts they get all muddled and I lose whatever train I was on.

I don't make playlists for my novels (I would love to, but I never find the time. Actually, I have a friend in Australia who would be AWESOME at it ... maybe I should email her). And I usually write to silence - which is never really silence when the kids are home. There's always some kind of noise in the background.

Aslera

Not an exact science
Registered
Reaction score
"I see you, I love you, now we're spending all of our time together on the page and all the other characters are completely useless" insta-love?

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
But, Smiley, instalove happens all the time in real life. I mean, it's so accurate...er...

I couldn't even write that with a straight face. I hate it too. Give me tension and will they/won't they any day.

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
LOL.
I mean granted I once saw a guy and got him instantly - knew that he was It. (10 yrs later he asked me out, lol - I studied abroad instead...I know I'm terrible)

But generally instant love isn't real. I'm reading a book right now that suffers from serious insta-love and I am so confused by many of its details. Ex: Why put 2 criminals in the same cell when all the other cells are empty? Plus one is a girl and one is a guy and in this society guys&girls can't touch each other in anyway;it's against the rules

Aslera

Not an exact science
Registered
Reaction score
What book is it you're referring to in the white out? I'm curious.

I had insta-love in my WIP from early April. There's a reason that story falls flat on its face. And then after it falls flat on its face, it facepalms itself to death and Mary Sueness.

I'm brave enough to admit that :p

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
Here are some clues- A book that is a dystopian/sci-fi with a "g00die" protagonist and a great author. (Meaning I heart her blog) I'm so disappointed with the insta-love in this book.

(Sorry I just feel badly naming the book on a public forum)

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
But...my hubby and I kinda had the insta-love.

>.>
<.<

Seriously, though. He told his Mom that I was the girl he was gonna marry when he got home from our first date :)

Status
Not open for further replies.