Not open for further replies.

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
When I Googled my book title yesterday, I was shocked and very upset to find link after link on page after page of my AW posts on Google [redacted book title].

While I totally get that all posts are on the public domain, I cannot understand why or how a title in a signature line should lead to a broadcast of all my posts. Even more baffling is the fact that I only added the book title to my signature about three months ago, possibly less, yet the posts showing up on Google go as far back as April last year.

I did a random check of several book titles of AW users and none of their AW posts show up. I have deleted my signature line but am aware that cached links will stay online for months.

I have sent a message via AW's "Contac Us" page but as it's the weekend and given the time difference, I'm afraid I won't hear from anyone until next week.

Meanwhile, I am so upset and have announced my book through various channels. It's not so much the posts themselves but the fact that there are so many, and on threads on which I am active.

Hope someone can help me with this. I am not sure if anything can be done but I thought it might be worth a try.

Thank you so much, whoever can help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If the book is in your signature, every time someone brings up an old or new thread, your signature is in your posts. This is a public forum, and all non-password-protected Subforums are googleable. Like the rest of the Internet.

Deleted member 42

When I Googled my book title yesterday, I was shocked and very upset to find link after link on page after page of my AW posts on Google.

Delete your sig.

It won't take all that long for your posts to not be linked to your title.

AW is spidered by Google and other search engines several times a day.

Other than deleting your title from your sig, there's nothing else to be done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.