A New Gas Tax

Tanatra

Burning Bright
Registered
Reaction score
The stars at night, are big and bright...
There is a solution to this:

http://www.green-trust.org/2000/biofuel/methane.htm

About one cubic foot of gas may be generated from one pound of cow manure at 75 F. This is enough gas to cook a day's meals for 4-6 people.

About 225 cubic feet of gas equals one gallon of gasoline. The manure produced by one cow in one year can be converted to methane which is the equivalent of over 50 gallons of gasoline.

Livestock companies can simply build these recapture facilities or sell the manure to such facilities (if they exist) and the gas in question can be put to practical use and even make them money instead of sitting out in pastures all day raising their taxes.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's a great idea. Every government employee, from the President on down, gets assigned a cow that moves in with them. It's the government employee's job to count every cow fart.

It's high time they started putting up with the same stuff they've been shoveling at us since the dawn of time. It may encourage a few people to get honest jobs, instead.

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
Next thing you know, they'll be taxing people "gas" as well. We'll all be forced to wear wired underwear that lets the gov know exactly how many times we've farted per day.

We shall be taxed accordingly. ;) And we'll have to pay for our own special britches, too. <G>

Susan G.

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
Next thing you know, they'll be taxing people "gas" as well. We'll all be forced to wear wired underwear that lets the gov know exactly how many times we've farted per day.

We shall be taxed accordingly. ;) And we'll have to pay for our own special britches, too. <G>

Although, perhaps at first they'll start with an "honor" system, where we're all require to self-report on farting. But then they'll quickly see that everyone is underreporting.

Hence they'll go to the computerized britches. Or maybe just "gas detectors" stationed all around our homes, office, places of business, etc.

They'll chip us, and whoever's chip is closest to the detector at the time of the "incident" will be the one charged. <G>

I think there's some fun SF shorts here. (Short STORIES, silly, not undershorts. <G>)

Susan G.

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
That's so pathetic. Iraq already has one Methane factory, I don't see why we don't apply it here. We have a couple in California and one supplies an entire corporate building with everything it needs and another fuels all the garbage trucks. As garbage heaps naturally produce Methan as well.

Fingers

My cat Toby
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in the woods around Portland Oregon
And what about all the pets, zoo animals, wild animals? Are we somehow going to monitor all the gasses they emit? What about the trees in the forests all over the world that release these gasses as they deteriorate? Who is going to monitor that? And dont get me started on all those underwater chimneys that emit gasses by the ton? Volcanoes? Are we going to plug all the volcanoes? Who is going to be charged for all that?

This is nothing more than a thinly veiled attempt at getting more money from us the taxpayers. Will they stop at nothing? They cant raise taxes, so they make new taxes or fees to hit us with. All I can say is MOOOO!