'Why'd You Shoot Those Majestic, Sometimes Endangered Animals?' 'For Conservation!' ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

emax100

Banned
Reaction score
I live in a hunting/fishing tourist driven town. I know a lot of hunters and fishers - the people in my family included. When I was growing up we didn't have a lot of money but there was rarely a fall when there wasn't a deer hunted and killed by my dad, hanging in the basement getting readied for butchering. This meant that we had meat for the winter and the money we had could be spent on other things - like heat and lights.

I know people now (men and women) who enjoy a fall hunt but it's enjoyment isn't derived because they can kill something (and quite often they don't and the trip is deemed a success anyway) they enjoy the camaraderie, they enjoy walking in the bush, they like knowing they can provide for their family and if they kill anything, they eat what they kill. They are not trophy hunters like this silly little twit in the op. There is a vast difference between what she does - killing for the sake of killing under the guise of "conservation" for the publicity, and people who hunt to eat - even if they have the money to buy food at the grocery store.

I don't hunt but I am not a vegetarian. I am now not fond of the taste of wild game but I don't fault people who hunt to get it, in fact I believe they are more honest than the rest of us who buy ours at the grocery store. They hunt an animal who was born in the wild, had a life free from the stock yard and dirty food, free from the terror of listening to it's brethren being slaughtered for market and it's life ended cleanly - much cleaner than it would be killed by wolves or parasites in the wild.

Unless one is a vegetarian our hands are not clean either, we just use a middleman to do the dirty work for us.
I would also add that vegetarians' hands are not clean either as long as they live anything close to a modern, standard American lifestyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.