Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Viking language. They didn't have our alphabet, they used runes. Research them: they're basically ready-made spells.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Okie dokie.

The Wiccan stuff was not what I was hoping it would be. It was quite... Different.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
No problem. TV Tropes is an incredible resource for writing.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
And it's an incredible way to distract yourself FROM writing.

I need to buy my books for class...but instead, I wiled away two hours playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

It's a great game. Very compelling. Lots of imagery taken from disparate sources, like the Italian Renaissance and Blade Runner.

I've also written out an actual time line for the future for Debris Dreams. Yay!

2016-2034 (Peak Oil aka The Slump): Rising prices of oil cause economic seizures and destabilizes multiple nations.
2020-2024 (North American Conflict): American states undergo civil war.
2022: First mili-tech neural augmentation in use
2024: Atrocities committed by transhuman (I.E, cybernetic) soldiers ends neural augmentation.
2029: Big Nugget – asteroid, 4.3 miles in diameter – detected on collision course for Earth.
2030: Joint Chinese/American space effort reaches Big Nugget.
2031: Big Nugget slowed to stable orbit around Earth. Hollowed out and turned into The Forge, an orbital industrial facility.
2032: Joint Chinese/American lunar colonization effort begins.
2034: Lunar Helium-3 fuels first fusion reactors. Economic instability due to peak oil ends as fusion powers transportation and infrastructure for 65% of the planet.
2038: Space colonization continues. Construction of LEO terraforming stations slows climate change.
2039-Present Day (The Amalgamation): China and America sign the Chinese American Alliance, creating a super-federal government that spans both continents and promises to lead the world into a brighter future, focused on space travel.
2040-2044 (Singularity Scare): Civilian transhumanists engage in illegal augmentation. Resulting transhumans suffer from body dysmorphia, sociopathic behavior, schizophrenia, and megalomania. Their incredible power and anti-social tendencies combine in some of the worst terror attacks in human history.
2045: Transhumanism dies down. Space colonization and industrialization continue. Lunar colonists begin demanding independence and representation in the CAA senate.
2045-2067 (Golden Age): Immense material wealth brings an unprecedented economic growth throughout the CAA, which ripples outward into the world at large. The United African Nations is forged. The European Union reforms. The Central-Southern Confederation forms.
2049: Drusilla Xao born.
2050: Omar Kaufman forms the Lunar Liberation Front
2051-2060 (Lunarian Protests): Lunar Liberation Front continues to protest, ineffectually.
2061: Construction of Space Elevator begins.
2067: Story begins.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I quit English classes at sixteen. Didn't do me any harm.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Is my book trailer any good? I don't really like it, I am just wondering if it makes you NOT want to read the book because if so I'll remove it. I'm kind of in between. Thoughts?

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Hi! No one but me had posted for the last hour...

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Elemental magic is giving me a headache... But I'm not stopping until I get some spells written down!

Last edited:

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone read Pretty Little Liars or The Lying Game? Thinking of starting to read both series and also watching the TV shows. Already watched the first 2 episodes of TLG. They were pretty good.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I've read the PLL books (except for the most recent one) and the first Lying Game book. I haven't watched any The Lying Game episodes, but I've seen all of the PLL ones.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I read th first three of PLL. I don't know why I didn't continue, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.