A Life of Crime and Chocolate

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hate chocolate.

I know, I'm the only woman in the world who does, but there you go. You know what else I hate? I hate shopping.

Maybe I'm really a man.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You're just saying that to be supportive. I can tell by the twitching. Also, I notice you didn't include the shopping thing.

My husband is going to be really disappointed when I tell him I'm a man. Though he'll find the extra chocolate a bit of a comfort.

Last edited:

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I wasn't twitching. Was I twitching? ::twitch::

I'm not a huge shopper either, so I get that. :)

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Tee Hee! I am acutely aware that I'm being obtuse, but you said city of ANGLES. :D

Freudian slip. Every one in L.A. has an angle. :tongue

Of course if we use the original name, it would be El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula. The Town of Our Lady the Queen of Angels of the Little Portion, although its official name was simply El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles. ;)

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I hate chocolate.
I don't eat that much at all anymore. I think I overdosed on it and now I rarely want it. Like cupcakes. Kind of sad. But we aren't exclusive to chocolate, you know. :D

Ken, I have now learned my random factoid for the day. Thank you!

Last edited:

tarak

for certain qualities of "sane"
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Central Pennsylvania - the gateway to Harrisburg
I have no chocolate, but I did go out for pumpkin donuts this morning. My in-laws kept the kids last night because we went to a retirement party last night and got home late. It is really, really quiet here.

Am trying to leave donuts for the kids to eat when they are dropped off. It is not easy.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I'd like a pumpkin donut. Hm, this reminds me. I have a recipe somewhere for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. It makes a small batch, with two sticks of butter, so you know it's extra good for you.

Jilly McGilly

Crumpled!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yum. Pumpkin donuts. Tarak, you're nicer than me. I wouldn't even pretend to save such yummies for my kids.

My favorite donuts in the world are fresh apple cider donuts from an orchard at the top of a mountain in Charlottesville, VA. So good.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Jilly, I may need to seek out this mountain. I miss the cider donuts from Michigan cider mills.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Bad news... I got rejected from this anthology which I was pending at. The guy stressed how much he loved it and said that it was the last one cut. So close... Ironically, he was the author I interviewed today on my blog... I'm okay, not looking for commiseration. I just thought I should tell you. What annoys me is how popular the volune one of this anthology is. It is the #1 anthology on Goodreads. 500 subs, 15 accepted and I'm 16th. *sighs* Oh well.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bad news... I got rejected from this anthology which I was pending at. The guy stressed how much he loved it and said that it was the last one cut. So close... Ironically, he was the author I interviewed today on my blog... I'm okay, not looking for commiseration. I just thought I should tell you. What annoys me is how popular the volune one of this anthology is. It is the #1 anthology on Goodreads. 500 subs, 15 accepted and I'm 16th. *sighs* Oh well.

Grrr... Total suckage!

Never mind. :Hug2:

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score

:Hug2: I'm so sorry.

Oh, and also - Just who do they think they are?? I'm sending MamaJude down. She'll sort them out.

::grabs baseball bat and a well-muscled guy to wield it::

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm glad you realized that when I said I'm not looking for commiseration I actually was. No need to hurt the guy cuz he's really nice and has been trying to help my story get published elsewhere because he loves it that much. It wouldn't have been a huge victory, but it is a commercial publisher and a popular anthology and I've never had a piece commercially published... I'm working on it though. I have high hopes for my own anthology, as seen below. :D

Jilly McGilly

Crumpled!
Registered
Reaction score
MysteryRiter, what a let down! I hope something good can still come from it, though.

Namatu, it's Carter's Mtn just south of Charlottesville. Totally worth the drive. From wherever you are. :)

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
That's too bad, MysterRiter. :Hug2:Sounds good that you have a fan in the guy HJ is going to go talk to (talk in the kindest way, of course).

Namatu, it's Carter's Mtn just south of Charlottesville. Totally worth the drive. From wherever you are. :)
It's a cider mill! :fistpump I have to go! :hooray:

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
That's too bad, MysterRiter. :Hug2:Sounds good that you have a fan in the guy HJ is going to go talk to (talk in the kindest way, of course).

It's a cider mill! :fistpump I have to go! :hooray:

A cider mill? Oh wowowowowow!!! I love cyder. Do you have Aspalls cyder over there? It is wonderful!