Is it just me? Or does EVERYBODY think of Stephen King in the shower?

What are YOUR thoughts while soaping up?

• Everytime I shower I think of Stephen King.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Everytime I shower I think of one of Stephen King's characters.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Everytime I shower I think of the Psycho scene.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Everytime I shower I think of Orlando Bloom-- No, wait! I meant Absolute Write!

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Everytime I shower I drop the soap. Funzies!

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • I shower WAY too much... But I've STILL got a dirty mind!

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters

Akuma

Rare Writer Pokemon
Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't think of Stephen King in the shower and. . .play with myself.

I would think of his writing skills and. . .play with myself.

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
I can't believe I'm the only one to vote for the 'Psycho' option.

Seriously, I keep my shower curtains open when I don't use it. You never know what's. . .behind there.
I hate shower curtains. My mom likes to close them, so every time I take a shower, I wail on the curtain with a broom, spring into the tub part, and usually tell myself, "You realize that you're a paranoid idiot, doncha?" as I'm crouching in the attack position and beating the hell out of the shampoo bottle.

Last edited:

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
If I thought of Stephen King in a shower, I definitely would need psychological help. It would be HORROR!

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
I've thought of Stephen King when I was in the library.

I'm weird I know. :Shrug:

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Erm.... no I never think of him while in the shower.

But now you have me wondering... what DO I think about while in the shower? Do I think at all?

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Nope, can't say that I do... although I do think about his writing sometimes lying in bed at night.

Redd Ryden

I'm the Head-ParrotHead!
Registered
Reaction score
Where's the party???-- I got the KEY to the cage--
...ya know? I thought it was disturbing that I "think of Stephen King" while lathered up. **Now**-- after reading all your replies, I'm more than a little less disturbed with myself-- I'm now disturbed with the company I keep. ...and a little bit thrilled. You people are a flock of dirty birdies-- just like me!

[I'm seriously worried about Tsuki & Ray... One I refuse to leave alone with my loofa and the other one will never know where I stash my towel-- and Kentuk-- I admit it-- I've no defense on the matter... Yes... I'm seriously disturbed...]

I think my strange "Bathtub Fascination" with King stems from the time I was trapped in his driveway (by no fault of my own-- I SWEAR-- blame it on my kid!).

You see, my younger son was once a marine mechanic in Florida. One day he crossed the road to eat at a water-side cafe with a co-worker, and they saw (in my then 22 yr old son's words) "Some old guy walking with a cane, like he was wore out or sumpin'" going into the open-air cafe. Since it was lunch time, my son, being a generous guy (hey-- first **I** heard of THIS behavior!), offered to buy the "old man" a hot dog. They got to talking and when the "old man" got up to leave, "Generous Son" offered him a ride back home. "Old Man" accepted.

[Keep in mind my son isn't a writer-- nor much of a reader. ...but he knew. ...he knew.]

When they reached the "old man's" house, it turned out to be a multi-million dollar mansion. My son looks the outside front over and says: "Wow. Great house! What do you do for a living?"

"Old Man" says: "Oh, I'm in oil."

True story. And THAT'S how I got stuck in Stephen King's driveway...

(Generous Son took his Mom for a drive through the mansion community, while telling me the "hot dog" story, but failed to mention we were at the end of the road... with not quite room to turn around... THEN HE TOLD ME WHOSE DRIVEWAY I WAS STUCK IN!!!!! )

I freaked.

It *would* have been nice to have... oh... a minute or so to "enjoy" being so close to one of my favorite writers... but all I could think of was: *When* is King gonna release the blood-thirsty Hounds of Hell on my ass??? So, after molesting the neighbor's garbage cans (which *might* have been worth more than my car!!), I beat a hasty retreat down the road and out of that community, which I had no business being in, anyway.

The next day, my "home-grown" marine mechanic commandeers a pontoon boat from work and takes me & his father on a ride on the "inter-coastal". We're drooling over the water-side mansions, when he points and says: "King's house!" And I burst out laughing. From the rear, he's completely protected by mangroves (made me feel a little better about his safety), and the back looked NOTHING like the front. From the back, the "multi-million dollar mansion" looks like a mobile home. A three-story, nothing but glass-- mobile home. So... I've got this photo of a "multi-million dollar trailer", and THAT'S probably why I connect "water" with "King" in my head.

[Please note-- seriously-- to protect King, I've not named the town or location of said "trailer"-- and the photo is only recognizable by me-- too many mangroves]

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
I don't dream about SK in the shower. Ye gods. But I understand Carrie wants to get into his fridge and sample his pudding pops. :e2brows: