XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I dug Colin Firth in Pride and Prejudice. But until he snatches up a machine gun and runs screaming into a mob of zombies and starts mowing them down, then I'm not going to count him among the great Leading Men of the Silver Screen.

What? Don't look at me like that. I know what I like! It's never been about subtlety for me.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hellooooooooooo Mr. Darcy.

colin-firth111-300x225.jpg

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
So I was reading this sentence
Hey, I dug Colin Firth in Pride and Prejudice. But until he snatches up a machine gun and runs screaming into a mob of zombies...

Except I missed this section

It wasn't until I realised the tense was wrong that I stopped thinking 'Hey! That sounds good, I should go and see that.'

Darn.

I'm with you Junely.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Are you saying Bridget Jones Diary, Mama Mia, and Love Actually weren't quality, worth while films?

Yes. Hell yes. And for the love of all that's holy, yes.

Though that could just as easily be the other way around. Bridget never impressed me. Needed to be more like Hunter S Thompson's diary. Or I needed the rum.

Either way.

:D

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I've just had my first real run in with a writing wannabe this afternoon. She wants advice, but every time I say something, it's, "Oh, I cant commit to that," and "Publishers don't want stories about X minority" or "if I can't have Stephen King's success...." Excuse after excuse after excuse, each more creative than the last.

If she spent as much time writing as she did making up excuses, she'd have a bestseller by now.

Weird.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
I've just had my first real run in with a writing wannabe this afternoon. She wants advice, but every time I say something, it's, "Oh, I cant commit to that," and "Publishers don't want stories about X minority" or "if I can't have Stephen King's success...." Excuse after excuse after excuse, each more creative than the last.

If she spent as much time writing as she did making up excuses, she'd have a bestseller by now.

Weird.

Someone this winter (I think it was KitCat) gave me the best writing advice I've ever heard. It was cold outside and I write best in coffee shops (moving people, non- stop supply of caffeine). It was -10 out and I didn't want to get to the shop to write. When I was complaining she said, "If you don't want to overcome something easy to get over then you don't want it enough."

Excuses don't make writers.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Weird.

Self-defeat is the biggest obstacle any wanna-be writer faces.

The second biggest is a plague of monkeys.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Someone this winter (I think it was KitCat) gave me the best writing advice I've ever heard. It was cold outside and I write best in coffee shops (moving people, non- stop supply of caffeine). It was -10 out and I didn't want to get to the shop to write. When I was complaining she said, "If you don't want to overcome something easy to get over then you don't want it enough."

Excuses don't make writers.

My mom always told me that about music, though it applies equally to writing: Nothing good comes without pain.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My mom always told me that about music, though it applies equally to writing: Nothing good comes without pain.

You know how they say that pain is weakness leaving the body?

My theory is, sometimes pain is just pain.

:D

ETA: But yeah, you're 100% right.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Why does "Firth-a-Thon" sound so... wrong?

Because it sounds like a Scottish marathon that crosses the Forth road bridge? (and for those of you geographically challenged or losing the will to research - the bridge crosses the Firth of Forth, Scottish name for an estuary I think, something like that)

You know I think I need to buy myself a daylight lightbulb - if you see what I mean. The light level in this room is not enough.

Does anyone know why I'm not writing right now?

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Because it sounds like a Scottish marathon that crosses the Forth road bridge? (and for those of you geographically challenged or losing the will to research - the bridge crosses the Firth of Forth, Scottish name for an estuary I think, something like that)

You know I think I need to buy myself a daylight lightbulb - if you see what I mean. The light level in this room is not enough.

Does anyone know why I'm not writing right now?

You're considering watching Love Actually with the rest of us cool people? :D

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello folks. Two people tried to intimidate me today. Seperately and in their own unique way. To each I said 'that's nice dear, now let me tell you how it is.' :box:

The best part is my boss was pleased. Not with the crap I got of course, but with my handling it.

Is it Caturday yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.