Share Your Bio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libbie

Worst song played on ugliest guitar
Registered
Reaction score
If it appeared on a dust jacket:

Libbie Hawker is extremely grateful to you for buying this, her first novel. She lives in Seattle and spends her free time looking for rocks. Hopefully she'll sell more books soon and you can buy those, too, okay?

^Okay, that was unprofessional. Just kidding.

Libbie Hawker is a former Mormon and an activist for skepticism and the separation of church and state. She was born in Rexburg, Idaho and lives and writes in Seattle. This is her first novel.

^All the above info relates directly to my novel in progress, hence its inclusion in my Big Fantasy Bio. I already have an agent, and I don't remember what, if anything, I put into my the bio part of my query.

When my first novel went on submission (a different one from the novel I'm now focused on) my agent and I wrote something into the pitch letter about how I'd been interested in the subject of the novel for a zillion years. I don't entirely recall. I think it's okay for bios to be very slim and sparse, as long as they seem relevant in some way.

Last edited:

Alitriona

Attends The School of AW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.caroloates.com
Mine is long.

Carol Oates has never been one to remain still for long. After her parents’ mad dash to the hospital through the empty city streets of Dublin, Ireland, Carol made her debut into the world in the early hours of Christmas morning. Since then her pace has not slowed down in the least.

Carol was introduced to the world of supernatural books when, as a child, her family moved to a coastal suburb on the northside of Dublin known as Clontarf, famous as the birthplace of Bram Stoker, the prolific author responsible for breathing life into the legendary story Dracula. This stirred in Carol an early passion for reading about all things supernatural. Combine that passion with a deep interest in the history and folklore of Ireland, as well as an active and vivid imagination, and Carol Oates the author was born. Carol’s love of writing about anything not entirely “human” emerged, and the premise for her debut novel, Shades of Atlantis, was born.

Carol still lives in Dublin, but spends a great deal of time traveling though the counties of Ireland and Northern Ireland with her partner and son. When not travelling through the countryside, Carol spends her days at the office and her evenings immersed in the world of Legends and Mythical Creatures.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
I'll play. This is what I use for my short fiction at Dark Fire Fiction.
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif][FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif][FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Luke Walker has been writing horror and fantasy fiction for most of his life. Much of his work focuses on fantastical horror novels although he has always had a love of a short, sharp shock of horror — a love which started at age nine when he read Poe's The Cask of Amontillado. A number of his short stories have been published online at Dark Fire Fiction. He is thirty-three and lives in Cambridgeshire, England, with his wife, two cats and not enough zombie films. His blog can be found here: getthegirlkillthebaddies.blogspot.com
He still won't go into a wine cellar.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]