Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
No that's just for one book. HH (Holiday Hacker) No pretty much i only like a song if it relates to my series some how... so that means I'd have 1021 songs for my series, because that's how many songs i have on my ipod.

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
After the actual writing part was finished, it felt like music distracted me. So I just put the t.v on low to break up the silence.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
hum... i dont know, sometimes music does distract me, so i do TV but most times i need music just to make it through the day so what better time then writing.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I can't write in silence. The creepiness distracts me.

I love songs whether they fit what I'm writing or not.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
God i cant take it down here!!! My grandmom give me a guilt trip to go down the shore and see her, my boyfriend is free and they say he can come so he does. My mom knows i really really REALLY hate it down the shore. I hate the pool i hate the beach i hate the freaking horrible pool and i hate the people, but i go down anyway with my mom telling me, "oh you can do whatever you want"

What that apparently really means "You can do whatever you want as long as it also is what i want."

So I really just want to sit inside and do nothing. So my mom gets me up early to take her and my grandmom to breakfast that i dont want to eat. Then bitches at me because i dont want to sit by the pool, then my grandmom makes me take her food shoping (which is a fate worst then hell... as she moves a mile an hour bitching about all the prices and shit) so i do all that and just want to sit and do nothing but write. Now i have to sit through being bitched at that i'm a "hermit and people will think your weird, and you need color, and blah blah blah" I'm seriously about to lose it!!!!!!!!!!!

I go down to be nice and what do i get? Bitched at because i'm not the little social butterfly they want me to be. Fuck it i cant take it anymore!!!!!

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
I figured I'd start songs that have a theme of angels/demons, heaven/hell.
I'm used to writing/drawing in silence, since my thoughts are loud enough to fill it xD But music to get me in the right mood is probably a good idea. Whenever I listen to a song, I try to picture my characters in it... though I haven't had these characters for long, so I don't really have any songs that really fit them.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven/hell, angel/demons...

Hmm, what is your story about? Knowing that helps me find songs about my own playlists, so maybe it could help me suggest songs for you.

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
Erm, angels and demons are people that have died(there's no eternal waiting room where the souls wait for the world to end). Hell isn't horrible unending fire and heaven isn't unending bliss. Angels have tasks assigned to them, so far I know two kinds. To go to the mortal world using a shell, a sort of temporary body, on a task to do a kind deed on one specific person. Or to go to the mortal world without a body and pick up the soul of a dying person. Demons have something similar, just with bad deeds and collecting the souls of bad people(I still need to find out how they classify them...).

Arya's an angel, Nathan's an angel and Nico's a demon. Arya and Nico fall in love through various encounters in the mortal world, and obviously that's not allowed. I'm not sure what Nathan has to do with it, he just keeps throwing ~~mysterious~~ hints of his past with Arya to me -_-

I know the ending, but not much about what happens between the beginning and end xD I like the god person, but they are hard to explain. Sort of like the force of nature, I guess? Or the ever changing reflection of humanity.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
So songs about forbidden love would be good?

What sort of music do you like?

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
Erm, I suppose most things are fine as long as it isn't rap, country or the ones with the growling and screaming. And forbidden love would be good. It was next on my list after the angel/demon theme.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Its easier to find songs for characters you have had for 9 years. hehehehehe! yeah i have a theme song for each one. I will share them. Anything you want to know about my characters are pretty much through these songs!

Ally- Offspring- "Your gonna go far Kid"

Max- Hail the Villain- "Runaway"

Laura- Earshot- "MissUnderstood"

Pip- Chad Kroeger - "Hero"

Tod- Sugarcult- "Bouncing off the Walls"

Jul- Mayday Parade "Black Cat"

And for my whole series the theme song is : Thrice "Image of the Invisible"

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Do you have theme tunes for each of your books?

Also, out of curiousity, how do you find new music?

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
Kay, thanks Lisa.
I'm watching Glee right now 8D It's strange how different American high schools are from the ones here. Even the bullying is different o_O

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Yes i do have an ultimate theme for every book? Sort of but mostly its a collection of songs to fit the many scenes in it. But I'll spare you the youtube links

F.R.E.A.K.s - My Darkest Day- "The World Belongs to Me"
Matchbook Romance "Monsters"
Breaking Benjamin- "So Cold"
Switchfoot "We were meant to Live"
Lostprophets "Wake Up"
Trapt "Headstrong"

A Serial Psycho Killer - Foo Fighters "DOA"
Three Days Grace- "Pain"
The Used "The bird and the Worm"

Nightmares from Beyond the Grave- Three Days Grace "Animal I've become"
Egypt Central "white Rabbit"
Saosin "Voices"
Rise Against "Ready to Fall"

Survival of the Fittest Freak- Rev Theory "Justice"
Nickleback "Side of a Bullet"
Breaking Benjamin "Hard Enough"
Three Days Grace "Just like You"
"Riot"
Lostprophets- A New Transmission

Freak Up- Apocalyptica "I'm not Jesus"
Atrayu "Slow Burn"
Fair to Midland "Dance of the Mannatte"
Trapt "Cover Up"

Detour to Pureline- Royal Bliss "Here they Come"
Disturbed "Down with the sickness"
Drowning Pool "Bodies"
Three Days Grace- "Get out Alive"

Government Issues- 10 Years " Shoot it out"
"Now is the time"
Atrayu "Blow"
Foo Fighters "Pretenders"
Breaking Benjamin "I will not Bow"
Deepfeild "Nothing left to Loose"

ETA: That took a lot longer then i thought.

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
The methods are O.O No one got dumped into the trash or had their head flushed down the toilet or whatever other things they do. The most the bullies here did was throw eraser bits and push tables...

ETA: I'm adding runaway, for Nico ^^ I'm hoping it'll help me figure out why he ended up being a demon.

Last edited:

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, Lisa!

For each half of a season, I have a favorite episode. Sectionals, Dream On, Grilled Cheesus, Original Song.

Tell me when you get to Dream On, I think there will be some good songs.

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I'm still a while ago. I'm only on episode 2 xD I just started watching.

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
The teacher guy is pretty awesome, Emma's nice... The jock guy(can't remember his name yet) is kind of cool. I like that the characters have such obvious flaws, yet they're still very sympathetic.

Though I'm kind of confused as to why the teacher doesn't do anything when he sees the bullies so obviously about to throw Kurt into the trash O_O

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys. I seem to have stepped into a conversation I can't take part in (Glee) so I'll just try to get some writing done. Also, continue ripping all of my CDs onto my laptop so I can figure out exactly how many songs I have in my musical collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.