Resurrecting The Dead--the All New Horror Hounds Weekend Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
*rubbs hands together* Glad I'm not the only one who writes demons. People get really uncomfortable with the trends in my writing. I tend to discuss the invasion of personal boundaries, like the Incubui and Succubi, rape, torture, telepathic invasions, ect. Most of my real time friends refuse to beta for me because it's just too uncomfortable.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
You're a tick extreme for me on two counts there (rape & telepathic invasion), but otherwise I'm okay.

I get a Harlan Ellison vibe from those two. I read his "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream" and another story about a guy stalking a woman through her fantasies and how she turned the tables on him. I have never read one word of him since. Period. The man is brilliant, and he makes me feel like I need to take a bath. Never again.

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
Hinny, you're such a *good* Horror Hound. We may have to do something about that...

Since I'm writing tonight, I'll post update and goals tomorrow.

My tools are sharpened and ready to go Lily...where do you want me? Who's the first victim? *pants excitedly*:e2chain:

*blots corner of mouth as drool drips out from excitement* :D

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
You're a tick extreme for me on two counts there (rape & telepathic invasion), but otherwise I'm okay.

I get a Harlan Ellison vibe from those two. I read his "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream" and another story about a guy stalking a woman through her fantasies and how she turned the tables on him. I have never read one word of him since. Period. The man is brilliant, and he makes me feel like I need to take a bath. Never again.

To be honest, this WIP is the only one that deals with Incubi. I'm considering a sequal to this one discussing human slave traffic. I wanted to take a wierd slant and make it an Amazonian type society that enslaves men. Yeah. I know. But if you lived where I live, you'd probably have fewer boundaries to that too. It's creepy here.

Question: I considered subbing 'Breath' at Necrotic Tissue, and a few others, but that was my first choice. Good choice, or bad? I don't have much info as far as Horror genre goes. I'm new.

Last edited:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
My tools are sharpened and ready to go Lily...where do you want me? Who's the first victim? *pants excitedly*:e2chain:

*blots corner of mouth as drool drips out from excitement* :D

Hinny, you are an inspiration to us all. *joins in the anticipatory drooling*

Oh, little undead doggie? Could you help with a little training exercise, please?

To be honest, this WIP is the only one that deals with Incubi. I'm considering a sequal to this one discussing human slave traffic. I wanted to take a wierd slant and make it an Amazonian type society that enslaves men. Yeah. I know. But if you lived where I live, you'd probably have fewer boundaries to that too. It's creepy here.

Ohio? Creepier than Bflo? Well, okay, we're just rusting out. But T.O.'s coming--who knows what lewvel of weirdness we'll reach?

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
Ohio? Creepier than Bflo? Well, okay, we're just rusting out. But T.O.'s coming--who knows what lewvel of weirdness we'll reach?

Think movies like Deliverance and Wrong Turn, only, make the villians sexual perverts of every shape, size, and description. You learn to avoid becoming the next conquest, and you develop calluses. Doesn't mean it's not still scary, but you can endure without blinking.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Think movies like Deliverance and Wrong Turn, only, make the villians sexual perverts of every shape, size, and description. You learn to avoid becoming the next conquest, and you develop calluses. Doesn't mean it's not still scary, but you can endure without blinking.

Good Heavens. *sends Shail the contact info for my MAFIA relatives in NYC*

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Hey, Gooch.

Okay, results and goals:

Results: Alas, only about 300 words on the rewrite. Because I didn't make my stated goal of 500, I shall marinate myself in teriyaki sauce in preparation for Tigress Tyrant serving me up as hors d'oeuvres, as promised.

Goals: Can't say right now, because my agent gets back to the States tomorrow and I don't know what his edits will look like. *chews nails*

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Gooch.

Okay, results and goals:

Results: Alas, only about 300 words on the rewrite. Because I didn't make my stated goal of 500, I shall marinate myself in teriyaki sauce in preparation for Tigress Tyrant serving me up as hors d'oeuvres, as promised.

Goals: Can't say right now, because my agent gets back to the States tomorrow and I don't know what his edits will look like. *chews nails*

Don't worry about it too much Lily! It always seems worse in you head! Of course it will taste better with the teriyai sauce on them... *stomach gurgles with delicious thought* Oops excuse me...:D I love hor d'oeuvres!

Have a good day!

Gooch

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cinemafromage.com
I took a long (read:few months) hiatus due to frustration/burn out/day job stress/etc. etc. but have gotten back on the horse with goals and results both!

Just recently completed a 12k word prologue for a new novel length idea that I'm pretty thrilled with!

new goals:
2k words on a slasher movie essay by the weekend
500 words on a new short story idea I've been tossing about

Should be doable!

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
My goal for last week was 1000 words to bring my wip up to 9500.

Wip hasn't been touched since like Wednesday but it presently sits at 9900 and change.

Goal for the week is another 1000 to bring total to 10,900 and for an all around better week this than last.

dgrintalis

'Tis true, she is a monstergirl
Registered
Reaction score
Betwixt a nightmare and a veil of shadowy dark
I added another 1,600 new words to my Secret October edit/rewrite. I creeped myself out completely with what I wrote and gave myself a beauty of a nightmare, too.

I think last night was the first time I've woken up with that heart-pounding, this is not happening feeling, and thought "Yes!".

And I think I have finally decided that Secret October really is horror. I've been waffling back and forth about the genre. It's a bit thriller/suspense/urban fantasy, but I think it is predominantly a horror tale. (Um, I think.)

Last edited:

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
TRUE CONFESSIONS:

I’m not as back as I think I am.

Got totally distracted and forgot that ‘just come in to work for 30 min…’ usually means they slap chains and a shock collar on me for 6 hours. (Note to all Mods…Mac is a fuzzy cream puff in bunny slippers compared to my organization)

In other words I figured an a hour at the most… and I’d be home writing.
I lied to myself.

To fracture a famous quote …”Beat me up, Scotty!”

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I'm all out of bunny slippers, Jay, but maybe these will help.

slippers.jpg

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
Haggis, before you put those things on your feet again, maybe you ought to research Robert the haunted straw doll. And Annabell the raggedy ann doll. You might rethink your choice of footwear.

Status
Not open for further replies.