Not open for further replies.

Hirvan

Title
Registered
Reaction score
Well done on getting publised!

So, big names;

George RR Martin of course

Brandon Sanderson is becoming big as you mentioned. You said you've read Elantris and Mistborn, but I recommend reading the Way of Kings, the first novel in his new series; The Stormlight Archive. I predict as the Stormlight Archive continues he'll get even bigger.

Philip Pullman's pretty big too, check him out

efreysson

Closer than ever
Registered
Reaction score
Now for fast pace & strong characterization I might recommend The Broken Sword by Poul Anderson. A true classic, and frankly a bit overlooked. It's a dark, dark fantasy mash-up of Faerie & Norse legend. Brief too, certainly in comparison to the tendency toward trilogies, quartets, dozen+ series each volume thicker than the last. My tastes were formed by reading authors who came out of the pulps where short-stories & novellas flourished.

Now THAT looks interesting. :)

And congrats on the book deal!

Well done on getting publised!

Thanks and thanks. :)

Brandon Sanderson is becoming big as you mentioned. You said you've read Elantris and Mistborn, but I recommend reading the Way of Kings, the first novel in his new series; The Stormlight Archive. I predict as the Stormlight Archive continues he'll get even bigger.
Yeah, I've started with the Way of Kings, but frankly it isn't really grabbing me so far.

Thanks everyone, for all the suggestions so far. Amazon just turned into a goldmine.

Status
Not open for further replies.