• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Kneerim & Williams (formerly Kneerim, Williams & Bloom)

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
New York. If you see me anywhere else I'm lost.
Hi CharleyGirl,

Sorry I missed this before, but yes I also went off of Agent Query guidelines (I check the agent sites too but must've missed it that time), so I only sent a query letter plus a brief bio.

In terms of responses, I DO have an update: I sent my Full to Katherine Flynn as per request 16 days ago. Today I received a response that there has been one positive read in the agency, and now it's being passed around for more opinions. I actually really appreciate the status update, it's not something I would have expected. She also asked to let her know if any other agent has interest, so I'll inform her of the other Full that is out, without naming names of course.

And then I'll hear back in another few weeks I'm told.

So we'll see...but if it ends up being a rejection after that it'll sting!!! ;)

Good thoughts to everyone else!

Good luck Romi!!!

I queried Leslie Kaufmann over a week ago and haven't heard anything so I guess it's an R.

romi41

Where have you been all my life?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Thanks Moost! I wouldn't assume it's an R after 1 week, it took 15 days before I received a response to my query. Good luck! :)

CharleyGirl

Glad to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fallingleaflets.blogspot.com
Hi CharleyGirl,

Sorry I missed this before, but yes I also went off of Agent Query guidelines (I check the agent sites too but must've missed it that time), so I only sent a query letter plus a brief bio.

In terms of responses, I DO have an update: I sent my Full to Katherine Flynn as per request 16 days ago. Today I received a response that there has been one positive read in the agency, and now it's being passed around for more opinions. I actually really appreciate the status update, it's not something I would have expected. She also asked to let her know if any other agent has interest, so I'll inform her of the other Full that is out, without naming names of course.

That's great Romi- keep us updated! I'm at nearly 30 days with no response to my full...the email said that "it may take up to 4 weeks before we get back to you." Does that mean that I should gently nudge them next week, or give them an extra couple of weeks to read? Not looking good though.

Moost--I definitely wouldn't say it's a rejection after so short a time--keep waiting and hoping!

romi41

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
That's great Romi- keep us updated! I'm at nearly 30 days with no response to my full...the email said that "it may take up to 4 weeks before we get back to you." Does that mean that I should gently nudge them next week, or give them an extra couple of weeks to read? Not looking good though.

Moost--I definitely wouldn't say it's a rejection after so short a time--keep waiting and hoping!

Hi CharleyGirl, I think you should give them a couple more weeks, if only because a 4-week response time on a Full is a lot faster than most other agencies. And you never know, so stay positive! :)

thatwriterchick

Registered
Reaction score
Hi CharleyGirl,

Hi,

I also submitted my book, a linked short story collection, over the summer. I got the same response about a positive read and they would let me know shortly. Three weeks went by. I sent Katherine an email. She replied that they needed another week or so. This was in the beginning of September. I have heard nothing since then. I emailed and even left a voicemail. A week or so has turned into 2 months--making it 4 months that they've had my full.

For me, this has been a frustrating experience. I have no clue where my manuscript stands. I've been sending out to others.

Best of luck to you.

Nat

romi41

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi,

I also submitted my book, a linked short story collection, over the summer. I got the same response about a positive read and they would let me know shortly. Three weeks went by. I sent Katherine an email. She replied that they needed another week or so. This was in the beginning of September. I have heard nothing since then. I emailed and even left a voicemail. A week or so has turned into 2 months--making it 4 months that they've had my full.

For me, this has been a frustrating experience. I have no clue where my manuscript stands. I've been sending out to others.

Best of luck to you.

Nat

Wow, that sounds beyond frustrating. I can't believe you couldn't get a follow-up response. Thanks for sharing your experience though...it's very good to know. And wishing you better luck with others!

CharleyGirl

Glad to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fallingleaflets.blogspot.com
Bummer

Got a rejection email yesterday from Leslie Kaufmann regarding my full...it was a short form letter. I was expecting the rejection, but thought I might at least get a little feedback to work with. Alas, nothing.

dixonkelt

Registered
Reaction score
kneerim williams

Hi everyone
I queried brettne bloom as she likes southern fiction--she requested full on 3 Sept and I emailed it that day.

3 1/2 months later...NO REPLY. I've emailed a little reminder (6 weeks after emailing it); and just a few days ago I sent her an update and sample of my latest MS (completed). NOTHING

I figure it's just before the holidays and they're all closing down for Christmas.

Maybe no word is good word but I would love some kind of status update.

So, thatwriterchick, it seems we're in the same boat?

I've since read on agents' blogs that this is not beyond the pale.

good luck everyone!

Michelle

thatwriterchick

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I finally got a very nice, personal response. Apparently they grappled over my collection and finally decided it didn't have enough driving action across all the stories--what editors look for. They said they would be happy to consider it if I wanted to revise, but since it's a big revision, they don't have the resources to take me on while I revise. So my novel-in-stories needs to be more novel like.

I am disappointed, but very much appreciated the response.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear.

Nat

bmadsen

I hate mayo
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys, how's everything? I wanted to query this agency but their website seems to be down, a broken link. I tried searching in www.fr.com but it's a pretty big site. anyone with recent contact with them??

thanks!

PS: Happy new year every one!!

A. R. Braun

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has any recent, 2011 information? I'm about to query Jill Kneerim because she says she likes a good story on almost any subject and good writing. I'm seriously wondering if this means horror, though, which is what I write.

CharleyGirl, I usually send the query and additional pages, synopsis or whatever to myself to make sure the format doesn't screw it up. Most of the time, it looks fine

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
I queried an associate agent directly with my horror/thriller on 6/10/11. He was listed on the Kneerim site with his email, so I bypassed the kwlit submission thing. I figured WHY NOT? All he can say is, "Silly query person..follow the rules like everyone else."
Snerk.
Just got a full request from Rasheed McWilliams today. Totally ecstatic right now!!!!!!!!

Anyone have info on him or any prior queries?

kdesanges

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!!

I just got an offer from him on Friday. He said he was going to try to get a contract out to me over the weekend and asked me to go through my manuscript again to relook for any typo's etc. From my research, it looks like he is an entertainment attorney that is affiliated with Kneerim and Williams as a literary agent. It looks like he has been affiliated with them since January 2011. I also see where he may have tried to start his own agency, but there isn't much info on that.

He worked on a book with John T. Williams on BMF: The Rise and Fall of Big Meech and the Black Mafia Family and my manuscript also falls in-line with his interest in YA and African-American fiction. He also states interest in commercial, fantasy, horror, science-fiction.

I am happy to have an offer and I don't see any glaring red flags right now. Kneerim and Williams seems like a great agency and I think both of our interests align pretty well. I went over the manuscript again and sent it back and anticipate receiving a contract soon. I can probably give more feedback once I get more information.

Good luck and let me know how it goes!!

kdesanges

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks!! I sent a query on 5/3 and received an offer on 6/11. Not too bad considering.

ScribeLady

Registered
Reaction score
"SCOUT" FOR KNEERIM & WILLIAMS???

I recently met someone who claimed to be a "scout" for Kneerim & Williams and asked to see my manuscript. This person mentioned Ike Williams. This "scout" is not mentioned on their website.

Frankly, I didn't find this person to be credible and am not inclined to comply with this individual's request. However, am wondering what, indeed, is a scout? A freelance literary agent? Do they collect a commission? Smells fishy to me.

Scribelady

HFgal

Who wants a cup of tea?
Registered
Reaction score
Kneerim, Williams & Bloom - web site has no sub guidelines?

This site:
http://www.kwblit.com/index.html

seems to have no submission guidelines. The agent I want to query, Katherine Flynn, does not have a page on AgentQuery where I can look up her preferences (although QueryTracker says she only accepts email queries). Does anyone have a source that states exactly what she wants submitted?

I've also read comments here discussing Ms. Flynn's role at the agency, that her title is Editorial Manager and some people interpret that as something other than a full agent. Any 411 on this?

I have reasons for wanting to query her specifically - she has already given me positive feedback on my project through a writers conference - so even if there are "loftier" agents at the agency, I still want to contact her.

Guinea

Registered
Reaction score
Hey! I was wondering if anyone has been having problems sending subs to Rasheed McWilliams? My emails keep bouncing. I am using [email protected] as per the details on their website?

VonAngel

without wings
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thesisterconnection.wordpress.com
Hey! I was wondering if anyone has been having problems sending subs to Rasheed McWilliams? My emails keep bouncing. I am using [email protected] as per the details on their website?
I can't remember exactly where I got this email address (it may have been posted to their website prior to the update), but my email didn't bounce back. However, he hasn't responded yet either (query sent 12/20), but it's worth a shot. [email protected]

Guinea

Registered
Reaction score
I can't remember exactly where I got this email address (it may have been posted to their website prior to the update), but my email didn't bounce back. However, he hasn't responded yet either (query sent 12/20), but it's worth a shot. [email protected]

Vonangel, you are an angel! I will give it a try and see what happens. What concerns me a little is that the email I've been using is the one on their website, and each time the bounce comes back saying no one at this address. Maybe he's left Kneerim?