Hover Text has flown away...

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
I think it's called hover text, at least. The words that spring up when you hold the pointer over certain objects? I'm just getting an empty box.

It's been like that for a while now - I don't remember changing any settings, or anything.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium, and now that I explore, I find that this only seems to be happening when I use Firefox.

Suggestions?

Tirjasdyn

Outline Maven
Registered
Reaction score
Website
michellejnorton.com
Tool tips is what they're called. What exactly are you hovering over in Firefox? Firefox controls Or on the webpage. If it's on the page they won't show unless the page has set them up. What version of firefox are you using? I'm also on FF on Win7 HP and I'm getting the tool tips.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There is a toggle for tooltips in Firefox. It's an advanced option, so it's not likely you just accidentally clicked something and changed your settings.

Before stepping you through changing the toggle, you might want to reboot your computer and log in to AW again. If you're still having problems, post again and we'll check to see if the tooltip toggle has somehow been set to false.