Voyage Media

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone here had any experience with Voyage Media, "the entertainment professional's secret weapon?"

http://voyagemedia.com/

I've noticed that several vanity presses are "partnered" with this company.

Thanks!

creativexec

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Its secret weapon is separating you from your money for a lost cause. I'm not saying it's a scam. It may have its heart in the right place. But forget it. There are no secret weapons. Really.

CKBrooke

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.CKBrooke.com
I used them

I used Voyage Media for the Producer's Action Plan for one of my books. They do what they say they'll do. They read and provide a synopsis of your book, and one of the producers of your choice evaluates its marketability. I will say, they provide a very thorough synopsis and evaluation. However, after that, there doesn't seem to be any way forward except to hire one of their screenwriters to do a screenplay of your book for $5K - $10K, which I would never be able to spend on something like that for as long as I live. The books they represent that have good screenplays are 9x more likely to be optioned for film, and they said those books have a 20% chance of being optioned by whatever producer has been mentoring the project. They have gotten authors and creators' concepts optioned for film via this process. So, they aren't a scam...they give you the service they promise you. It's just expensive and out of most people's budget, including my own.