Hyperlink difficulties in MS Word

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to add hyperlinks to a word document. Usually it's very easy - I click on add hyperlink, click my most recent browsing history, click on the site and voila. But my most recent browsing history isn't there.

Could it be because I dumped Internet Explorer in favor of Google Chrome a couple of months ago? All the most recent browsing history listed is very old - from a couple of months ago. How do I get my most recent browsing history to display?

Using Windows XP and Google Chrome.

Help!

Deleted member 42

How do I get my most recent browsing history to display?

Using Windows XP and Google Chrome.

Help!

You have to go to Chrome, and use the History menu; it isn't integrated with MS Word.

(But good on you for dumping I.E.)

dolores haze

Registered
Reaction score
Take notes while browsing. It's more certain than browser history anyway. (I never use Chrome)

I gave hand typing the URL a try and it worked fine. Until I came to a URL that was approximately 3 gazillion lines long. There's got to be an easier way.

You have to go to Chrome, and use the History menu; it isn't integrated with MS Word.

(But good on you for dumping I.E.)

Yep, my Chrome history is accurate and up-to-date, but not integrated. I can't cut and paste into the URL address box on Word. It just won't let me. If I can't get this figured out I'll have to go back to IE. I need stuff that works together, dammit!

Does Firefox integrate with Word?

dolores haze

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmmm. Now I'm thinking I should use something other than Word for link-heavy documents. I really don't want to go back to bitchy, glitchy IE. Would google docs be the way to go for blog posts with lots of links and pics?

RJK

Sheriff Bullwinkle the Poet says:
Registered
Reaction score
Tsk tsk. Oh what a tangled web we weave when we first abandon IE.

I tried Chrome and found it trying to take over my computer. It was interfering with several other programs. I don't see shy you can't copy the link address from the address bar (once you've gone to the website) and paste it into the text box in word. Unless I misunderstood what you wrote.

For the rest of you IE haters, I've been using IE8 with Windows 7 and found nothing to complain about. Prior to that, I was using Firefox, and was being bombarded with viruses, worms and Trojans. My AV software caught most of it, but not all, which is why I had to wipe the hard drive.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, my Chrome history is accurate and up-to-date, but not integrated. I can't cut and paste into the URL address box on Word.

Hmm? You should still be able to copy-and-paste the URL whether it shows up in your Recent History in Word or not, no matter what browser you copied it from...