• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Without A Net Press

leifwright

Mired in the miry mire.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
leifwright.com
Hate the name.

But at least their pitch is mostly grammatically correct.

Some of what they say sounds vanity press-ish, but I'll withhold judgment.

I'll keep an eye on them, too.

FluffBunny

Disapproving plot bun disapproves.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Third burrow on your left. Your other left.
The staff bios are what concern me, among other things. Other than one principal listed as an author, none of the others appear to have any exposure to any facet of publishing. One is experienced in digital marketing and social media. The other has a B.A. in Political Science and a Masters in Education. LinkedIn lists the latter as currently running a subscription snack-food service. It also appears that these three principals will be acting as submissions editors for the company.

"Royalties: To be negotiated individually" is mildly worrisome, as is "Rights: We acquire digital rights (exclusive rights for e-book and paperback) for five years..." (bolding added). I'm a dinosaur, admittedly, but don't digital rights exclusively refer to electrons on a screen and not a physical paperback?

They also seem to be starting out in quite a few genres. I count at least six, depending on how you break things up.

Last edited:

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
"Royalties: To be negotiated individually" is mildly worrisome, as is "Rights: We acquire digital rights (exclusive rights for e-book and paperback) for five years..." (bolding added). I'm a dinosaur, admittedly, but don't digital rights exclusively refer to electrons on a screen and not a physical paperback?

I don't know, FluffBunny, seems to me they're clearly taking rights for both e-hardbacks and e-paperbacks.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site gone, no sign anything published.