Smashwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

52greg

Registered
Reaction score
Finally got the stupid thing through the auto vetted today. Switched to OpenOffice, took out every single paragraph footer, and reformatted the entire document. The 10th time was the charm.

I might have been working from an older edition of the style guide, but I swear I saw somewhere that paragraph leaders were verboten, but a 6-pt footer was okay.

Document looks like hell, but it'll pass the Meatgrinder now.

I tried to do the Smashwords formatting using OpenOffice, but I gave up. :(

sandyn

AW Aficionado
Registered
Reaction score
No problem for me with Smashwords payment.
As far as sales I think you must publish on both. I publish a pretty good variety of things. Some do better in Smashwords venues, some in Amazon. There is no way to predict what will do better where. I just format in Word and upload to Smashwords. Then upload the same document to amazon. No problems.

If you published on Smashwords, do you list Smashwords as the publisher for the Amazon version? I want to put my Smashwords books on Amazon but I didn't know how that worked.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Officially, yes, but you can't list Amazon on Smashwords (nor B&N). Unofficially, it's probably best to keep the three separated. You also shouldn't use Smashword's free ISBN for ebooks published on Amazon or for the Nook (at least that's the position of most here at AW though I've never had a problem using it on Amazon).

sandyn

AW Aficionado
Registered
Reaction score
I had Amazon assign their ASIN to the books I put on there. I know Smashwords doesn't want their free IBSN's used elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.