Kindle Select free days; timing and marketing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian G. Wood

ALWAYS GRUMPY
Registered
Reaction score
I'm putting out a new book on Thursday and I'd like to give away the first book in the series for free at some point to help get some interest. I had a pretty successful giveaway weekend back in October where I got about a thousand downloads. With this one I'd like to try and push even further than that.

I'm considering a launch day freebie for the first book, or perhaps a Christmas/boxing day giveaway to capitalize on people who got new Kindles. Anyone with more experience marketing have some good talking points? How about the best ways to push your giveaway when your built-in audience is limited?

Michael Davis

Registered
Reaction score
I've done three KDP experiements and though I've gotten thousands of downloads and nice reviews from the readers, didn't transfer in crossover sales like I expected. Its possible it takes a long time (6 months to a year) to see royalty return or could be those that download freebies don't move outside the freebie experience. I'm trying one more KDP exercise with an anthology jointly created by 16 authors and we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.