Registered
Reaction score
*sticks head in*

I MUST catch up on Doctor Who.

Kyrie

Queen of Adverbs (unfortunately)
Registered
Reaction score
Just so's you know, I'm going to watch this week's Doctor Who next week, when it airs on BBC America. That way, I have one less week of agony between now and September. :D

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Again i must be the only one on here who doesnt watch DW.

On other matters... right now i'm going to watch sucker punch! Lets hope its good

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
ok tried watching Sucker Punch... my friend lied to me... That movie was so freaking confusing i had to turn it off before my head exploded... it was really horrible!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, this thread closed out early today, it's already dead. :e2poke:

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
Agh. Here I am trying to fall asleep and now Lovely Lies is like "Hey. I want to be a trilogy, bitch."
Nooooo. So now when I should be sleeping (I have to wake up early tomorrow), I am opening Word and planning effing Book 2. I don't even know when Book 1 is ending.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
hahahahahahahahaha! That's how my series started out... There i was writing my first book for like 3 years... about 2 years into it suddenly i hit a new idea while in the middle of history class freshman year... I'm just sitting there when my teacher says "I want you to write a story, a creative story about anything in the world" so i write this little story using my characters from my book and then i'm like SHIT!!! This NEEDS to be a new book! But it has nothing to do with my first book other then the characters... and then the series was born...

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I told myself I wouldn't write a series. I love reading them, but I know my characters and they will drive me off the wall.
I also need to think of a title for the third book, and I can't think of one.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Titles are always fun to come up with! Dont rush it though. If you cant come up with it now, just wait... it will come to you.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
No problem its cool.

Nothing much is up. Up early in the morning having not slept last night because i did the same thing Friday night so didnt wake up till 9pm Saturday. Just writing and listening to music. You?

Octave

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
On the cracked sidewalks of a fading city
Researching and going over something someone sent me to read over. ^^ I bought a new book too, and I plan on finishing Game of Thrones tomorrow.

How about you? Reading anything right now?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Oh God i just started watching that on HBO. ITS AWESOME!!!! I didnt know it was a book! I really should read that.

Well i was trying to read the Shining, but i stopped, I tried the free preview on my kindle and after 4 chapters still nothing interesting happened. Think i'm going to go back to Pillars of the Earth.

Octave

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
YES IT'S AMAZING. I love it to death. Even though I'm perpetually mad at the book for telling me something it won't let the characters know.

I watched the first episode and it broke my heart. Again. After the book did.

I haven't progressed past the first episode, though. I plan to finish the book before watching the rest.

And that's odd, Amp. I thought The Shining was supposed to be one of King's good books. Huh. I'll cross the off my list, then. :D

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
That's what i thought! You see last week i took a trip up to CO and got to visit the hotel that inspired Steven Kings to write the shining... so i figured i would read it... always wanted too just never got around to it. But well again 4 chapters and nothing happened... just the MC touring the damn basement with the maintenance guy, and the wife and kid sitting on a street curb. It just got too boring... no ghosts no creepy stuff no nothing, just how the damn boiler works!

Octave

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Hahaha. Well, Pet Sematary was good. A bit slow in the beginning, but once it picked up its pace, boy was it creepy. I'll be careful about Stephen King then, but I hear his Dark Tower series is good.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
yeah, i need to read more of his books and Koontz... before my next book.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah pretty much. I've heard his got a few good ghost books, which is what i'm looking for. Terrifying creepy ghost filled books... my next book will deal with that stuff and i've never written about ghosts before... so i'd like to read more about how others do it before i dive in.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
The TV series Game of Thrones is awesome. I love how closely they're adapting the original material. The dialogue is word for word in places. And I love the Dark Tower series too. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.