What YA book are you reading RIGHT NOW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

History_Chick

Registered
Reaction score
Cleopatra's Daughter. Its one of those fuzzy YA books. Its adult but it could have appeal to the teens who enjoy history because the character as of page 120 is in her teens.

MissKris

Is the random.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristindmiller.com
RomanceWriter, I've heard good things about RAMPAGE. It's one of those that I would read the first page or two to gauge whether or not I love the voice, style, etc.

I've read Bethany's HANDCUFFS and I enjoyed it very much.

Currently reading LIVING DEAD GIRL. Super intense.

Will be moving on to THE SHIFTER right after that. Yay!

Ctairo

Why Isn't IGNORE Available in RL?
Registered
Reaction score
Going to the bookstore today...

1) Anyone read AFTER by Amy Efaw? Supposed to be really good.

2) RAMPANT...seriously, is this good? I'm skeptical about a book based on killer unicorns.

3) AS YOU WISH by Jackson Pearce.

4) HANDCUFFS by Bethany Griffin

Please let me know if you've read any of the above and if it's worth the buy. THANKS!!!
RomanceWriter, welcome to AW! :)

You may want to poke around the thread. Just a page back, there're two references to Handcuffs. And you may get ideas for other good reads.

vfury

Hearts the furrily challenged.
Registered
Reaction score
ASH by Malinda Lo and RAMPANT by Diana Peterfreund just arrived in for me this morning. I started reading ASH during my lunch hour and hated having to put it down to go back to work.

History_Chick

Registered
Reaction score
I LOVED living Dead Girl. Its pretty intense, do doubt about that.

I disliked Graceling. I'm interested to see what the author does for her next book, Fire.

bethany

:)
Registered
Reaction score
Room two-hundred-something on the first floor
Website
www.bethanygriffin.com
Living Dead Girl gave me nightmares, my 4 year old was going on a field trip the day after I read it, and I couldn't go because it was during my schools statewide testing. I almost didn't let her go. And then we watched The Watchmen that same week. The scene about the little girl?

The story about the abducted girl who was just found took me back to that book, too. Appreciated the book, didn't enjoy it at all. The ending was good, though.

In the same vein, I could never read A Child Called It, again. Read it once, appreciated it, will never pick it up again. My students LOVE it, though.

JustJess

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished Tales of the Madman Underground by John Barnes. Takes place in the 70s-about a bunch of messed up teens who belong to an in-school therapy group. Great voice.

Read 1/2 way through Dreaming Anastasia by Joy Preble but couldn't connect with MC.

Currently reading Another Faust by Daniel & Dina Nayeri which I'm really enjoying. Story of 5 teens and their deals with the devil-their "governess" Madame Vileroy.

Ctairo

Why Isn't IGNORE Available in RL?
Registered
Reaction score
Diving back into Hunger Games. Forest of Hands and Teeth is up next.

redpanda

quietly lurking & learning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lesaboutin.com
just finished Oh My Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs, and started the 3rd in the Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter, Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover.

Had to read some light girly stuff after finishing the adult novel, Fragment by Warren Fahy. Loved it, but really sciencely taxing on my nonscientific brain.

Kats

Registered
Reaction score
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. It's great so far, just as compulsive reading as The Hunger Games.

Kathleen42

crushing on fictional characters
Registered
Reaction score
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. It's great so far, just as compulsive reading as The Hunger Games.

Gah! I didn't think it was out until next month. Now what are the odds my local bookstore actually has it...

Just finished Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr. Liked it better than Wicked Lovely.

adktd2bks

addicted to books
Registered
Reaction score
I just started Wicked Lovely last night and got halfway through. I've never read anything about fairies before and I really like it.

MissKris

Is the random.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristindmiller.com
Living Dead Girl gave me nightmares, my 4 year old was going on a field trip the day after I read it, and I couldn't go because it was during my schools statewide testing. I almost didn't let her go. And then we watched The Watchmen that same week. The scene about the little girl?

Um, yeah. Scary books for us poor parents. And the beginning of that scene is exactly where I turned off The Watchmen for good.

Just started The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks.

I'm a sucker for long titles.

RitrChick

Rejoining the Butt in Chair Club
Registered
Reaction score
Bah! Two of my library holds came up on the same day and now I have to choose which one to start first: THIRTEEN REASONS WHY or WINGS?? Decisions, decisions....

t.c.laing

Registered
Reaction score
Finished Evermore last week and ordered Blue Moon.

Trying to find L.J. Smith's Nightworld: Strange Fate and waiting for the conclusion of this series someday.

Read Ruined by Paula Morris last night; good story, a little disappointed by the ending.

And tonight, though it isn't YA, I'm starting The Fire by Katherine Neville.

Skye Jules

March 15th: Issue 1 release
Registered
Reaction score
Now I'm reading Catching Fire, and then I'll go on to read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Read the first sentence--what a scream!

By the way, I tried looking for BREAK in my bookstore, and it's nonexistent. It's not that it's out of stock--it doesn't exist at all! I couldn't find it anywhere on the bookstore's database. I'd get it off amazon, but currently I am not touching my account at all for various reasons.

*RomanceWriter*

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
By the way, I tried looking for BREAK in my bookstore, and it's nonexistent. It's not that it's out of stock--it doesn't exist at all! I couldn't find it anywhere on the bookstore's database. I'd get it off amazon, but currently I am not touching my account at all for various reasons.

Try putting the author's full name along with the title, that worked for me. Without the author's name, it didn't come up either.

strawberryblondie

Registered
Reaction score
My wonderful boyfriend bought me My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent along with an engagement ring!! I was almost as excited about the book as the ring but I'm a geek like that lol. I'm enjoying the book so far, I'm a big fan of Rachel's adult series so I think this is a series I'll be following.

Status
Not open for further replies.