Art books

Erin Kassikay

DANGER: May insult without warning!
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the place for this question but it's non-fiction and this is a non-fiction category.

If I want to present an agent with a bunch of high quality photographs, how do I go about doing that? I think these pictures would benefit being in a photography/art book but I haven't the foggiest on where to start. Somebody once told me I'd need a theme but that's all I know. How would I present it? What sort of agent would I look for? You know, like a coffee table picture book.

Does anybody have any links to explain this stuff? I only know about presenting fiction. I don't plan to do it NOW but I'd like to start researching the information on how it's done.

Last edited:

Erin Kassikay

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much Filigree! I didn't have the foggiest what it is I'm looking for, what I'd call what I'm looking for, or even where to begin.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
There's a market for everything. Sometimes, you might find it with a few simple keyword searches.

Try to define what you are looking for. Do you want your work represented by a coffee-table book publisher? Then look for 'coffee table photography books', find some publishers and books, and see who agented those author/artists. Do you want to be represented by a royalty-paying poster and image publisher? Look up those. If you want to offer your images to a stock photography service, you can research those for the best royalty rates. You can also look for art galleries who only represent photographers.

Don't lose heart. It's a big world.

Erin Kassikay

Registered
Reaction score
There's a market for everything. Sometimes, you might find it with a few simple keyword searches.

Try to define what you are looking for. Do you want your work represented by a coffee-table book publisher? Then look for 'coffee table photography books', find some publishers and books, and see who agented those author/artists. Do you want to be represented by a royalty-paying poster and image publisher? Look up those. If you want to offer your images to a stock photography service, you can research those for the best royalty rates. You can also look for art galleries who only represent photographers.

Don't lose heart. It's a big world.

Oh I'm not losing heart, I just wanted to do something more with these pictures rather than the self-publishing book I'm making. I just didn't know where to start, what to call it, or anything. This is helping. Thanks! I'm going to finish my self-pub book first and then look into coffee-table books (that's what I assumed it'll be best as). I considered stock but I do free stock on deviantArt. There's not a lot of GOOD free stock for people who just have a hobby (I was one of them). And as I said above, I had somebody mention to me once that I need a theme, which I can understand. I just have to figure out what I want to do.