Not open for further replies.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
I got 200 measly words on the novel. And they were terrible ones. But still...

But I did get 2,000 more on this month's prompt story. Whoo Hoo!

Goals this week:
finish the prompt story and post it.
plus get 3,000 NEW words on the novel (I have to keep saying that in hopes one week it might actually happen) *sigh*

ETA: Ah crap! I hate it when I'm the one to lead off a new page..

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
Thanks Callalily61.

Well, here goes.

Finish first draft of The Pit for September prompt.
Finish first draft of The Interview (short story)
Second draft of Brain Food (short story)
Outline two more chapters of Garden of Innocents

Guess that's it... fire up the grill.

Hello Twisted,

Very nice. Joining the horror hounds and actually posting output. You are the new golden child! For you...a medal and a cookie ...and the brains of the horror hound of your choosing.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
gonna just dive in and hope I miss being ... toasted. I'll leave that honour to twisted :evil

I've only just come back into writing after a wee absence. Bit overwhelmed by the amount of crap I've got sittin' there...staring at me everytime I turn my pc on..lol.

But for the count...

WIP (I just call it 'Psycho') - 'bout 10,000
another WIP (Glided Moment) - 'bout 10,000
some wierd thing I started belting out last night in the wee hours that might actually go somewhere (actually has a title..lol) It Started Slowly (dodgey title but...) 800
Amise - 18,000
and just the usual assortment of shite that you spit out 'cause it just looked so perfect in ya' head :Wha: LOL

I'm stuck tho. 'Psycho' is the one I'm focusing on atm but everytime I go to work on it, I freeze up and panic...I dunno why :e2cry:

Hello Kitty,

Another new Horror Hound with output! My word the new folks are shining brightly. If you need help on the piece why don't you post it under SYW pass word vista. If you need some other kind of help feel free to PM me. If I can't help I will find someone who can. For you...you get a oven mitt, BBQ tongs, and a monkey skull they make lovely candy dishes.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
The Monday Report!

Last week, I wrote a total of 1,226 words toward three pieces; an experimental piece, my [Fiction] Friday piece on my blog, and a experimental scene for All Fascists are Zombies!

This week I hope to write another 1,000 words.

Benjamin Solah

Horror Hound

Ben,

Very well done. You have become a constant producer. You are racking up the output. For you...you get 2 roundhouses, a small dog and monkey paw (i hear they are good luck) Keep it up, my favorite creative comrade.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
My Goals Were:
• 2k new words (WIPs and shorts)
• 4 new poems

Actual Output:
• Unsure about the word count - I focused on Ink this week, based on some feedback already received from some of my betas. I've reworked the opening chapter, rewrote some of a chess game scene which I, in my woeful ineptitude of the game, wrote wrong :) , removed a bunch of was's, did some paragraph reformatting, etc..
• 8 new poems

• Submissions 1
• Rejections 0
• Acceptances 1
The Rose & Thorn - On the Rocks (poem)

This Week's Goals:
• Continue work on Ink. I've been attempting to just read it, but I keep finding things to tweak here and there with sentence structure, etc..
• Finish a read-thru of a friend's partial MS - and then will begin pestering said friend to finish it ;)
• Work on September prompt story (I have about 1/4 of it written so far)
• 4 new poems
• Based on some changes at home, I need to look for a part-time job to supplement my dance income, so that might cut back on some of my output. Well, that's not really related, but it is a real goal so...

Dg,

As usual a good job. Congrats on the poetry acceptance. For you my dear 10 roundhouses, a chocolate cake and a sheep's tail (i hear they are lovely rear view mirror ornaments )

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I haven't posted lately, but I've been busy. Last week I finished the prompt coming in at just under 2,300, and another chapter that's waited forever on a joint project. Now, I'm free for the rest of the month to try to make my head focus on another WIP that's been sorely neglected. If I can manage a chapter or two, it'll be a great month.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Goals?

Is it Monday already? :eek:

um... I seem to recall the fuzzy mistress imposing a 500 word goal on me.

I *cut* 500 words from my WIP. Does that count?
NO...NO...oh yeah and NOOOOO!

And by the time I get around to updating the blog again that should also be 500 words... give or take...

Anyway, let's see: I think I can hit 500 *new* words (all shiny and bright and everything) this week. I've got time to kill during the little one's swim lessons, so we'll see how that goes.

been a while since I subbed something, too, so I'm thinking I ought to do that, too.

:)

Boston,

You posted a goal, very good. You had negative output...not so good. For you my wooly friend...you get to spend a night in a room rabid raccoons and Jay Leno. I am sorry but I need tougher more encouragement for you.

hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Totals for the week -- goal was for 1000 new words

1568 new words, 300-something of them to a new wip hubs planted in my head. It has a slow burn feel to it, like I can put it away to work on my other wips, dust it off and work on it with losing any of the flow or anything. Which is good.

Started and finished first round of edits on Roses, sent it back to one of my readers/critters, and just got back a second round of crits from her. Roses - at the moment - sits around 4000 words.

Goals:

Will work on Roses edits from my first critter.
Will add 1200 new words to wips.
Will. Not. Start. Another. Big. Wip.

Laurie,

Way to go. Very nice. You get a monkey tail, a sheep's hoove and a little undead doggie.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I got 200 measly words on the novel. And they were terrible ones. But still...

But I did get 2,000 more on this month's prompt story. Whoo Hoo!

Goals this week:
finish the prompt story and post it.
plus get 3,000 NEW words on the novel (I have to keep saying that in hopes one week it might actually happen) *sigh*

ETA: Ah crap! I hate it when I'm the one to lead off a new page..

Soap,

Very awesome. Sometimes we need to switch to something else for a while to get our creative juices flowing. Good luck on the novel:) For you a golden fleece, two zombie ducks and a pair new earings.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Okay, I haven't posted lately, but I've been busy. Last week I finished the prompt coming in at just under 2,300, and another chapter that's waited forever on a joint project. Now, I'm free for the rest of the month to try to make my head focus on another WIP that's been sorely neglected. If I can manage a chapter or two, it'll be a great month.

Always good to hear from you Kerr. I am glad to see you have been productive. Hope to see you posting more progress soon.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

Leukman

Pernicious...n'stuff.
Registered
Reaction score
Laurie,

Way to go. Very nice. You get a monkey tail, a sheep's hoove and a little undead doggie.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

*checks butt in mirror*

Phew.

dgrintalis

'Tis true, she is a monstergirl
Registered
Reaction score
Betwixt a nightmare and a veil of shadowy dark
Dg,

As usual a good job. Congrats on the poetry acceptance. For you my dear 10 roundhouses, a chocolate cake and a sheep's tail (i hear they are lovely rear view mirror ornaments )

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

Thank you, O Mighty Tigress. Ahem...here, sheepy-sheep! Come on, I won't bite....

...much. :D

Twisted

Apprentice Wordworker
Registered
Reaction score
Hello Twisted,

Very nice. Joining the horror hounds and actually posting output. You are the new golden child! For you...a medal and a cookie ...and the brains of the horror hound of your choosing.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

Well, another Newbie Blunder for me.:Headbang:

Those were actually my goals for this week. I didn't know when I was supposed to post them, So I just put them up Saturday when I first stumbled onto this thread.

I did complete the first draft of The Pit for the September prompt so far. It's a bit over 3000 words and I want to try to get it down to around 2000 so when I post it on SYW someone will read it and give me some advice.

I will finish the rest of my goals before next Monday though, Tigress.

Sorry for the confusion on my goals. I think next week I'll copy Damien's format. No ambiguity there.

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
Ben,

Very well done. You have become a constant producer. You are racking up the output. For you...you get 2 roundhouses, a small dog and monkey paw (i hear they are good luck) Keep it up, my favorite creative comrade.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

Thanks Tigress.

I feel I'm becoming consistent too. And wrote 1,200 word short last night so already finished this week's goals. :tongue

Might need to try and up the word count next week if I haven't gotten much on.

For the rest of the week I aim to work on my outline for All Fascists are Zombies! and perhaps tweak My Boss Sucks to submit somewhere.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Twisted, you are warned. The sheep will mock you for your use of boldface, italics, and bullet points. :D

You mean he'll mock me for that too! ;)

:Wha:

I don't mock. I never mock.

I may laugh in your general direction, make a couple of witty and possibly bitingly sarcastic comments (or sardonic, if I'm feeling tame) and maybe even hold you up for scorn and ridicule....

but never mock. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.