• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

I'm back and ready to beta!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foozle

Registered
Reaction score
Hello fellow AW'rs,

Its has been quite awhile since I last posted here, and I have missed quite a few people. Several years ago I offered to beta in a thread like this, and received an overwhelming amount of pieces to read through and critique. In other words, it was definitely a learning experience.

So now that I'm back I figured I would start to beta again, but this time, I will set some criteria as well as some format to the madness. To begin with, I am ONLY looking to critique Fantasy, Steampunk, and SciFi novels. You may notice that I am leaving out short stories, and here is why: There is a section called Share Your Work that is perfectly capable of getting your short story read and critiqued. In fact, I'd say that this is a better way to do it, seeing as you will have many more pairs of eyes looking at it, with many different opinions and reading styles.

Now, the fact of the matter is that I will probably still get swamped if I allow people to send their whole work to me right away, so I would love everyone to send:

- A one to three page document summarizing your work
- The first chapter of the work

The reason I ask for these is so that I can get a fairly good idea of what I'm going to be reading, as well as the style of writing you will be using. If for some reason I don't choose to beta read your work, I will tell you right now you will be better off for it. Before, I read mostly everything that was sent to me, however, I noticed that I was much less able to critique something accurately or to the best of my ability if the writing was simply not my cup of tea.

So in order to not waste your time (as well as mine), please follow these parameters. Please note that any full manuscript sent to me without my asking for it will not be read. Please let me know if you wish to have me critique the work you send initially so you can try out my critiquing style, and let me know if there are specific things I should do or look for.

I look forward to reading your works, and to those that do not qualify, I wish you luck in finding someone who can.

Please send your interests to:

[email protected]

edited for derps and herps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.