A Life of Crime and Chocolate

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Liz, glad it wasn't any worse!

French... Oh my! :Hug2: How are you going to manage to wait until Friday?! And I'm glad the lump doesn't look more serious.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
I dont even know lol. I'm already thinking of names and furniture and all things pink, because truthfully I want a girl, I'm sick of testosterone and doodles, I need to even the score in this household lol.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Sooo, I had my doctors appointment today. She did a urine pregnancy test first up.............
It cam up possitive straight up and after letting out a few choise curse words and face palming myself a million times I nearly passed out with shock. Only to find out that the test had somehow changed from a possitive to an incolclusive. I had a blood test and will get the results on Friday.

The doc thinks the lump in my boob is possibly hormone related and we're going to have a closer look on Friday.

I get hormone lumps a lot. No less scary, though. I hope you get confirmation Friday that it's harmless.

And on the pregnancy...if the blood test comes back positive, I'll start hoping for a girl for you. :)

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
The earthquake, it turns out, was about 4.0, centered northeast of us. Lasted about 10 seconds. Some folks got rattled worse than we did, but no serious damage anywhere.

This is the second one I've experienced. The first was about 20 years ago, in Boston. I was sitting on my bed watching TV, and suddenly everything started oscillating. Weirdly, my first thought was "Oh, it's a demon possessing my bed." Even though I don't actually believe in such things. :Huh: I must have been watching "The Exorcist" that night.

We've had a few big storms here lately, including some tornadoes west of us (some quite bad). I have to say I prefer a 10 second earthquake to the feeling in the air when the sky goes that weird shade of gray-green...makes the hair on my arms stand on end.

JMC2009

Your friendly neighborhood Chat Op
Registered
Reaction score
You have a tornado corner?
I have bottled water...... Like heaps adn heaps of the stuff, When people come over and ask why I have it, I tell them that if the world blows up, I'll live and they wont coz I was prepared with my bottled water lol.

I've never been through anything remotely scary in relation to natural disatsters. Up north (The Kimerbeys and The Northern Terrirory get them alot, so do over east (Queensland), yeah before last there was flash floods over east that washed away whole towns, the water was higher than 2 story houses in parts.

LOL. Yeah, that's the reaction I usually get. I have a cellar that I go to during tornado warnings (happens at least once a year) and in the corner of the cellar (which I also use for storage) I have a corner where I have a piece of carpet laid down an I have a tub containing: 3 days food and water, extra dog food and treats, two extra sets of clothes, fire extinguisher, fm radio, batteries, first aid kit, dust mask and trash bags. With the way my house is constructed, there is a very real possibility that I could find myself stuck down there in the event of a direct hit.

I've never been in a tornado, but I've had funnel clouds and rotating clouds over before. My parents last Spring went through a flood event where the water was about 5.5 feet into the house for a week, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I would rather go through a tornado.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sooo, I had my doctors appointment today. She did a urine pregnancy test first up.............
It cam up possitive straight up and after letting out a few choise curse words and face palming myself a million times I nearly passed out with shock. Only to find out that the test had somehow changed from a possitive to an incolclusive. I had a blood test and will get the results on Friday.

The doc thinks the lump in my boob is possibly hormone related and we're going to have a closer look on Friday.

Can't believe you have to wait till Friday, French. Here's hoping the results are everything you want.:Hug2:

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going tfor the blood results this morning, I'm a tad excited.

I've been pondering the possibility of doing a re-write of my previous WIP. Theis new one I'm workling on, I like it, but I just dont seem to be connecting with it.

I'm going to do a re-write of my previous WIP, changing the begining, adding some more plot points and making my FMC (who will be a completelly new character) more proactive.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Test results are in *Drum roll* There wil be NO new babies here!
*Breathes a sigh of relief*
The doc had a good ol' feel of the boob lump and she agrees that something is going on. She sais the tissue is thicker than on the other side. She wants me to wait for my 2 weeks after my next menstration to go back in and she'll have another feel to see if it's hormone related or not.
I'm not worried, as I said earlier, my son has been through it all before and he's 5 years old. If he can do it then so can I.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry you won't be picking out pink stuff, though. :)

::tries to banish lump with brainpower and prayer::

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't been in here for a few days as I've spent most of the week presenting an anti-bullying campaign at a school - and then nursing a strep throat. (Schools are little germ factories.) Working at this school was not the most fun I've had this year.

I've deferred retirement. I told the head. He hugged me. Told the head of faculty. He hugged me. I had so many hugs this morning. I knew I had made the right decision when I carefully explained a piece of an assessment to a pupil and he looked at me and explained it back correctly. The look on his face that he could actually understand and do the work meant a lot.

:hooray:Good for you, Shakes. And if you're feeling like taking a busman's holiday... I have some teachers here who need a verbal clip around the ears. :D (I'll throw in an east-facing guestroom that is as warm as toast in February, as well as crumpets and good old English Breakfast and Eleven o'clock tea. :))

And if anyone has any ideas on an offer that Shakes can't refuse please just send me a pm. :D

Test results are in *Drum roll* There wil be NO new babies here!
*Breathes a sigh of relief*
The doc had a good ol' feel of the boob lump and she agrees that something is going on. She sais the tissue is thicker than on the other side. She wants me to wait for my 2 weeks after my next menstration to go back in and she'll have another feel to see if it's hormone related or not.
I'm not worried, as I said earlier, my son has been through it all before and he's 5 years old. If he can do it then so can I.

If that ^ was a sigh of relief that I heard, French - then I'm relieved for you. :) As for the lump, yes your son has been through an awful lot - I don't want you to have to go through it too. Sending all my best wishes your way!:Hug2:

HS, I hope your mom is well on the mend now. Such a good thing it was caught in time. :Hug2:

Liz - :Hug2:You're making the earth move there?!

HJ - :Hug2:Hope your throat is better now.

If I left anyone out - sorry :Hug2:

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
As for the lump, yes your son has been through an awful lot - I don't want you to have to go through it too.

Of course, I dont want it to be anything nasty, I just feel like because my son has done it all nad proven what a trooper he has been, if I had to do it (which I dont particularly want to) I could just suck it up nad get on with it as my son has done.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
THanks everyone for the show of support. It has been a worrysome few days, but all is well again.

HJ - I'm kinda bumbed about the pink stuff too lol. Even if it turned out to be a boy I'd have to have him in florals lol.

I started a new WIP a few weeks ago and as much as I'm enjoying writing it, and I love the ideas involved, I just dont feel like I'm connecting with it as much as I have done with my previous WIP.

A few months ago before I benched my previous WIP I was considering doing a re-write, adding some plot points, making my FMC (who will be a whole new character) more proactive.
It would seem that the re-write idea is now screaming at me to do something about it.
I'm going to dig it up tonight after the little treasures go to their dad's for the night and get down and dirty with it.

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Well, I still have some more studying to do today. Today was kind of weird. I think I'm just going to study for my classes for the rest of the day since it's so late. Then tomorrow I'll work on my homework stuff. I think I can do it. I just hope I do well on my test and quiz coming up. >.<

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't been in here for a few days as I've spent most of the week presenting an anti-bullying campaign at a school - and then nursing a strep throat. (Schools are little germ factories.) Working at this school was not the most fun I've had this year.

I also have a nasty throat from the Germ Factory! And a cough and a runny nose. blech

:hooray:Good for you, Shakes. And if you're feeling like taking a busman's holiday... I have some teachers here who need a verbal clip around the ears. :D (I'll throw in an east-facing guestroom that is as warm as toast in February, as well as crumpets and good old English Breakfast and Eleven o'clock tea. :))

And if anyone has any ideas on an offer that Shakes can't refuse please just send me a pm.

Thanks Gail, crumpets are VERY tempting. Thing is that I heard that the school is exploring ways of getting me to stay until next June. Mind, this was after the head of faculty sampled my rock cakes.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Mind, this was after the head of faculty sampled my rock cakes.

:ROFL: That's great!

Well, the sleepover has been a success. I've had four 7-year-old boys since 3 p.m. yesterday. Hilarity ensued. I'm ready to drop. :D

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Well, the sleepover has been a success. I've had four 7-year-old boys since 3 p.m. yesterday. Hilarity ensued. I'm ready to drop. :D

OMG! You're game. I havnt dared do the sleep over thing yet. Mind you, Blake is only 5. He has had soe much time off school he doesnt have any close friends.

The only people who have slept over is his cousin at his dad's place, who is 8 months older than he is.

I'm seriously considering home schooling the boys until they are in highschool - If Blake makes it that far (morbid but realistic).
The amount of time we have to spend away from school and away from people for fear of getting sick is rediculous. Plus kids are cruel. I was a regular kid and I got bullied for having red hair, freckles and glasses.
Poor Blake, has a hearing aid, a one on one teacher, a facial poaralasys, he has stopped growing and it tiny compared to all of his class mates, he has coordination issued when it comes to balance and cant run as fast or as far as the other kids as he has leg issues thanks to the chemo. On top if all that he has scars all over his body from all his surgeries. If I was a regular kid adn got bullied, I cant even begin to imagine what he will cop from the other kids.

I just want to wrap him up in cotton wool. He has had it hard enough, I dont want him to have to experience negative things if they can be avoided. We dont know how long we've got him, so I'd rather he spend the time with his family and friends.

--

I started the planning for the re-write. I'm really loving it. A whole bunch of new characters. A whole new plot from the start to middle pretty much. It's very exciting.

I'm using Scrivener for the first time. It's only a trial, but I'm really enjoying it.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, French. It sounds like home schooling might be a good way to go. As much as I love kids, some of them can certainly be mean. Seriously, unholy mean.

And some just don't have what they need at home. There's a kid in my boy's class who is the sweetest, most precious girl. But she's desperate for attention. Her parents work insane hours (she spilled to me one day--she's always alone. Her mom has two jobs, dad works nights and weekends) and she's in school or aftercare every minute. Her mom never responds to the things sent home from school--her folder is still stuffed with all the stuff the kids take home every day. No one ever checks her behavior boxes off, or signs her papers, or comes to school events, or anything like that. I mean, I get busy, but this is neglect. It's breaking my heart. I want to shake her parents. They're only young for so long! And she's not getting the attention and love every kid so desperately needs.

Sorry for the rant. I'm so worried about this kiddo.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
HJ if you are worried then contact the authorities - sometimes neglect can lead to worse things. I don't know how the 'system' works on your side of the pond but there must be something you can do.

Frenchy home schooling can be great but it can also isolate parent and child. Where I live there is a self help group of parents who home school. It means they can pool resources, share problems and purchase resources in bulk (paper, books etc). The parents arrange meetings with each other and the kids go as well so they all get a chance to socialize. I would urge you to see if there is a group in your area.

I agree with HJ that some kids can be very mean - but I have also seen children behave with such generosity of spirit that they put some adults to shame. I used to teach in a 'special' school where all the pupils had either a physical and/or psychological problem. One little lass had cerebal palsy and her body was never at rest. It made her incontinent and she always had several pairs of clean knickers with her. For a day out I took my class to St Paul's Cathedral and they had a great time. We went to the walk way round the dome and the lass wet herself and needed to change. The class, with out any words from me or the other adults, formed a close circle round her, with their backs to her so she could change her knickers. Not one of the kids teased her or said a word to her about what they had done. The kids would fight each other (had to throw a vase of cold water over two girls having a fight) and insult each other but never about their illnesses or problems. They never wanted pity.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Shakes, I agree it can make some children very isolated and nieve about the world. We do alot of things out side of the home that will keep them socalised. And I live in a town that has alot of resources at hand, so I'm sure I'll be able to find something similar to what you're saying here.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
HJ if you are worried then contact the authorities - sometimes neglect can lead to worse things. I don't know how the 'system' works on your side of the pond but there must be something you can do.

Nothing. I have a pretty good understanding of the system. Her basic needs are met. She eats, she's clean, she shows up at school. My concerns wouldn't even draw a visit from Children and Youth. :( It's all about her emotional needs that aren't being met.

I did make sure her teacher knew. And I tell her all the time that she's lovely inside and out and that she's a very special person. I wish I could do more.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
HJ, thats the same as the system over here in Australia. My kids dad really desperatelly needed to be taken from his family and put into the system, his father was an alcoholic, his mother beat him perfusely, his eldest brother was a drug addict bringing drugs and such into the home.
Because he was fed, went to school and had a roof over his head nothing was done.

It's tradgic.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
And yet I've seen people have their kids taken for less reason than you'd believe. Those are rare, of course, but heartbreaking.

JMC2009

Your friendly neighborhood Chat Op
Registered
Reaction score
I agree with HJ that some kids can be very mean - but I have also seen children behave with such generosity of spirit that they put some adults to shame. I used to teach in a 'special' school where all the pupils had either a physical and/or psychological problem. One little lass had cerebal palsy and her body was never at rest. It made her incontinent and she always had several pairs of clean knickers with her. For a day out I took my class to St Paul's Cathedral and they had a great time. We went to the walk way round the dome and the lass wet herself and needed to change. The class, with out any words from me or the other adults, formed a close circle round her, with their backs to her so she could change her knickers. Not one of the kids teased her or said a word to her about what they had done. The kids would fight each other (had to throw a vase of cold water over two girls having a fight) and insult each other but never about their illnesses or problems. They never wanted pity.

All I have are my bee uneducated opinions (I know nothing about kids except they're little people. Hell, I was raised expected to be a little adult) so all Im going to add was that this was a wonderful story, Shakes.