Status
Not open for further replies.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Just getting over the worst case of salmonella I've ever had in my. My whole chest crushed inward on me, collapsing my heart, ribs lungs. Nausea, vomiting, fever and chills all at once. I haven't slept for three days because of the back and and muscle spams--couldn't walk. I swear I thought I'd had a heart attack, such was the ache and pressure. Traced it back to a dirty butter knife that was used for mayonnaise two days prior, without even recognizing the residue.
I'm still making spelling mistake with every sentence and have to keep going over the text constantly to make corrections.
Felt like I was going to die. The symptoms are just like a heart attach. it takes 4 to 7 day for a full recovery. I on day 4 and still queasy.

Have only manged to knock out some small print emails and a few inquiries. Not much else

:cry:

Hathor

Goddess of Rationalization
Registered
Reaction score
A partial request. Nats beat the Braves. Caps beat the Rangers. (Holtby, Holtby, Holtby.) Five little fishies go free. Pretty good day for me.

But tri, my lord. I hope you feel better soon. :Hug2:

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
Just getting over the worst case of salmonella I've ever had in my. My whole chest crushed inward on me, collapsing my heart, ribs lungs. Nausea, vomiting, fever and chills all at once. I haven't slept for three days because of the back and and muscle spams--couldn't walk. I swear I thought I'd had a heart attack, such was the ache and pressure. Traced it back to a dirty butter knife that was used for mayonnaise two days prior, without even recognizing the residue.
I'm still making spelling mistake with every sentence and have to keep going over the text constantly to make corrections.
Felt like I was going to die. The symptoms are just like a heart attach. it takes 4 to 7 day for a full recovery. I on day 4 and still queasy.

Have only manged to knock out some small print emails and a few inquiries. Not much else

:cry:
:Hug2:

JamesBaldwin

Fancy Dandy Man
Registered
Reaction score
Another day, another rejection. That makes 5 out of 10!

Time to hit the litter box again...

amschilling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amschilling.com
Oh, man, Tri. Salmonella SUCKS. So sorry.... and feel better.

Crickets here. I've decided to believe that no responses on anything is better than rejections. At least in the "recently sent" window I'm still in for them. Of course, the attitude is so I can make some good progress on the WIP today. If I was being realistic rather than optimistic, I'd be angsty and get nowhere.

Last edited:

Quickbread

Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere between the beginning and the end
QB, long time no see :hi: How's it going for ya?

Hi Hathor, and everyone!:hi:

It's going pretty well. Not too much has been happening, other than work and trying to develop my second novel draft beyond its current state of atmospheric noise.

My agent's pitching my manuscript next week, though. So I'm sure I'll have some new squirming to do soon.

Good luck on your submissions, you guys!

Tri, wow. Feel better!

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
And good luck to you, QB.

Tri, I hope you're feeling better now.

I watched, Carleree. I'm sorry. I was yelling at the TV and my family couldn't figure out why I cared :)

Edit: Holtby, Holtby, Holtby. :snoopy: Too bad we went into overtime and they had to cut immediately to the Kentucky Derby. So we don't get to see Tortorella's expletive-laden whine fest.

Last edited:

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
And good luck to you, QB.

Tri, I hope you're feeling better now.

I watched, Carleree. I'm sorry. I was yelling at the TV and my family couldn't figure out why I cared :)

Edit: Holtby, Holtby, Holtby. :snoopy: Too bad we went into overtime and they had to cut immediately to the Kentucky Derby. So we don't get to see Tortorella's expletive-laden whine fest.
There was yelling in my house too :(

krashnburn

I've gone to pink!
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, tri. Sorry to hear it. Hope you feel better soon.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Thank you for the well wishes. The toxins have stayed in my system for all this time, making it hard to get anything done. Muscle aches and spasms, weakness...you know the gig. I need to get back on this horse and produce work that brings in cash flow for bills. I'm getting behind. People who owed me huge chunks of cash did not come through at the crucial time of payment...wouldn't you know it?

My sister receives county care assist every once in awhile (food packages), and we think that one of these boxes might have been tainted with the dreaded salmonella, although there is no way to test for this now since everything has been ritually disposed of a week ago. We've notified county officials just in case they've come across any other outbreaks. This type of strain is particularly devastating on children and older folks, so...

stay clean...buy fresh...cook it through...wash it thoroughly and stay healthy.

tri:scared:

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry you're still suffering, tri. The regulation, or I should say non-regulation, of pathogens of food in the US is pathetic. :Soapbox:

And Carleree...just sorry :Hug2:(Next Habs/Sens game I'm watching. Jeez -- is your country going to break out in civil war?)

I guess none of us heard from agents over the weekend. :Shrug:

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry you're still suffering, tri. The regulation, or I should say non-regulation, of pathogens of food in the US is pathetic. :Soapbox:

And Carleree...just sorry :Hug2:(Next Habs/Sens game I'm watching. Jeez -- is your country going to break out in civil war?)

I guess none of us heard from agents over the weekend. :Shrug:
Thanks for the hug. My team is playing exactly how I predicted. No surprise here. And I had a lot of alcohol to help me cope.

No word on the weekend, but I had a form R this morning.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, the television announcer said the game would prompt a goaltending controversy in Vancouver, but "then again, there's always a goaltending controversy in Vancouver." ;)

My team's playing well...so far. But we had a cheery article in the newspaper this morning about how, where we've lead 2 games to 0, we've gone on to lose 4 out of the 6 series involved.

I expect anxious times tonight. So I'm going to spend the day researching fancy bath tubs. I also have chocolate and wine available for the viewing experience. Both goalies are playing so well it can come down to a mistake or a fluke rebound. (The one goal the Rangers scored against us so far was a bounce from a defender's skate.)

At some point, I'm going to run out of things that require research and decision (hubs is beginning to say he's indifferent, I should do it) and I can go back to querying the NF.

So he's asking for it. Dream tub here we come. I'll probably come up with some super thingie that comes with everything but a masseur, but will negotiate downward. I may need to offer the "I'm turning X years old in two months" argument. X is a very large, significant number. I deserve a treat. And I'll need dream tub to deal with all the aches and pains someone of my advanced years can expect :)

amschilling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amschilling.com
Mmmmm. Dream tubs...............

I'd just be happy to have a tub that could cover more than half of myself at once. Stupid standard tubs w/ low overflow drains.

No word on the queries or page requests. Page requests aren't a surprise, but the "back to crickets" thing on the Qs is sigh-inducing. Guess I hit a lucky batch when I got the page requests. But seriously--not even one R? It's weird. Just...weird.

Distracting myself by focusing hard on the WIP. Unfortunately I need to read some James Fennimore Cooper for it (I need to write some journal entries from that time period, with appropriate stuffy word choices). And I really loathe JFC. Really really. What can I say? Trauma from a childhood growing up in the town named after his family. But where he lived is exactly why I need to read his stuff in particular. *le sigh*

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
ams, yikes! Talk about suffering for your art. You may need to reward yourself with the 1992 movie version of The Last of the Mohicans with a younger, buffer, partially-clothed Daniel Day Lewis.

amschilling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amschilling.com
LOL, yeah. The husband suggested I rent that instead of suffering through the book. He does like to ease my pain. But, sadly, I need to get the writing style down. So watching a young DDL? While entertaining, it won't quite do it.

At least Project Gutenberg had a version for my Nook. So I didn't have to pay for the pleasure. Now I just have to motivate myself to read the thing. Really, the first draft of the WIP is done other than these stupid journal entries. And the way the rest is written, I need them. Darn me and my ideas.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
LOL, yeah. The husband suggested I rent that instead of suffering through the book. He does like to ease my pain. But, sadly, I need to get the writing style down. So watching a young DDL? While entertaining, it won't quite do it.

True, but the idea was to reward yourself with something appropriate if you actually get through JFC. I personally would find a young DDL motivating...

I may need to bribe myself to continue dream-tub searching. Every brand has their own terminology, people report disparate experiences and disagree whether company reputations are warranted, there are scores of models (and I don't know which would work within our plans), some can't even be viewed locally, warranties are all over the place, and prices aren't always reported online. Gak...I need a nice bath just to cope. With microbubbles, neck jets, lumbar support, mood lighting, and surround sound :)

Eh, I couldn't do that even if I had a dream tub now rather than an early 60s standard number (in a jarring blue shade). The county was filling my street with large trucks this morning for construction. A workman pounded on my door at 7:00 wanting to know if this Jeep parked in front of our house was ours. Nope, it's just been sitting there for two days and I'd never seen it before that, I said. The police came and had the thing towed.

So I've been waiting for the mystery owner to show up at my door at any moment (the county people are now gone), demanding to know where the jeep is.

I haven't had so much excitement at the door since that company tried to send me dog cages for some reason.

amschilling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amschilling.com
Ah, well, sure....as a reward it works fine. It works fine, indeed. ;)

When you pick out the new tub, I'll live vicariously through you, okay? I don't think our bathroom floor could support a bigger tub. It barely supports the one we have now. I keep expecting to end up in the living room some night by accident. Which would be nice only because I could bathe and watch TV at the same time.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Don't live vicariously yet. I thought research would be fun, but it is so...not. I've been flitting about, finding little. Price doesn't seem to affect customer satisfaction, judging by the very few reviews given by actual customers (they might like a cheap one, hate an expensive one, and most models don't have a review at all).

So I've decided to take a survey of warranties, company by company. Not the sexiest approach to the problem :Shrug:

I'm assuming the licensed contractor sorts who've come out know what my floor can take...and are right about the non-load-bearing nature of the walls we're moving. Oh, I can dream up all sorts of disasters. That's why my husband and I are rewriting the contract, looking into getting a performance bond, checking out insurance, etc.

It might be scarier if we weren't already warned about a possible disaster if the cabinet falling off the wall actually does so.

Eh, I should relax. We're more likely to be killed by one of the dead trees in our antisocial next-door neighbor's yard.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Well, this is a new one for me. I queried A and got a form reject "from the office of" B -- but sent from the email address of C.

amschilling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amschilling.com
Huh. Well, I guess that's one way of telling an author that their query made the rounds. Maybe it's a good sign that it's got so many names attached rather than just going in the recycle bin right away? Or is it the wrong-numbered day for that kind of thinking?

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Wrong-numbered day. I suspect this assistant works for more than one agent and specified the wrong one in rejecting me.

I once received a form rejection for my NF telling me they didn't accept screenplays.

I suppose these agent errors make me feel a little better when I've caught my querying mistakes...too late.

I've found the best whirlpool bath warranty so far. It includes a 99-year warranty on the shell -- for the original purchaser. Nothing like motivation to live a long time, huh?

They offer a model with the same name as my daughter and it doesn't look half-bad. At this point, I feel like being completely illogical and picking that one.

It also looks as if at least some vendors of these items are like some oriental rug dealers -- in a perpetual state of sales. I wish they'd just report the real f'ing price.

Tied, going into the third period, no thanks to the refs. We get called for too many men on the ice, when the Rangers had two more on the ice at the time than we did?

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
So...my NF is not publishable, but a book about raising diaper-free babies is. (You may want to pull up your rugs and "carefully plan" outings, though. Ya think?)

I really need to stop reading anything that mentions a recently published book. Not that I'm jealous or anything.

amschilling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amschilling.com
Diaper-free babies? Um.....wow. Yeah. That scares me on sooooo many levels. But maybe I'm just not far enough away from the potty-training years to forget all the "accidents."

*shudder*

As for my Qs, I've decided to officially STFU about crickets. I've still gotten no Rs on the last twenty, but I got another full today. So, OMG, I have 6 out at once. 6. And 1 partial, but that's been out there so long I've pretty much given up on it (agent says they're still "thinking it over" and "thanks for being patient." Still. If you have to think that hard on a partial, where you won't say, "What the heck, let's get the full and see if that helps me decide," I'm thinking the book ain't working for them).

I think my head is going to 'splode.

Status
Not open for further replies.