Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Morning everyone!

Yep, got more horrible news from school as if life couldnt be hard enough already... Yippie!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Because school for me starts next week, and for 10 horrible months i cant write a single word... so i want to finish this book before school starts

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I have to have something concrete for deadlines. I can't just say "I'm going to have my book written/revised by this date" unless it really has to be. Like BB had to be finished by a certain date so I could start querying before I leave for college. I think that's the only deadline that's ever worked for me.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I've tried deadlines and a certain word count for each day with Steel Bonds not last year. It didn't work. For one, it required way too much research to do, so that kept putting the deadline back. Then, as I would be writing, I'd get carried away, or end up cutting half of it out, or I just wouldnt have time. :(

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I never do deadlines either, its just this time, because this year while at school i cant write. I just have to stop till the year is over, and i'd rather have it where my book is done before all that happens rather then have it unfinished and constatly driving me insane...

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
It's 11:38 here.

School for me starts September 7. Andn I have a half day.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
It's 7:20 here.
The normal schools here have a half day, too.
I'm in a homeschoolish program, where I meet one on one with a teacher twice a week for a total of 5 hours. She teaches me math and gives me mounds of school work to do during the time I don't meet with her.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
that seems awesome quite frankly! I would have loved to go to school like that!

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
Ally, it isn't a school school here. The only way you can get into the program is if your doctor recommends it and sends in a letter. I had to do it for most of last year and this year because of the anxiety problem I developed when I went to the normal high school last year.
It's cool because you get to stay up late (because you only go to school twice a week), and you get to do work on your own time, and I have a really good relationship with my teacher so if I ever need help- I just text her. But it's also hard to remain friendships with people I used to be friends with, because they don't understand it and whatnot. And I get a lot of work. Way more than I did in normal school.

ETA- Who's Jack Layton?

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Tonight might be the last night I spend in my house until Thanksgiving break. :eek: Though, classes don't actually start until Monday.

ETA: Zoe, that's exactly what I've been saying for the last hour.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I wish they had those kind of programs for college. My mom is on the verge of forcing me to go to the doctors to get anti-anxity and sleeping medications.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Jack Layton is a Canadian politician... He was running for Prime Minister, and he just died because of his second battle with cancer.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
They've just cut into channels with news reports about it, like they do all the time with Obama.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Ok because of my super insane deadline, anyone want to help me out with a YAWN session or a Word war?

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning all!

I still have 17 days including today before school starts. For most other students, they'll start the day before I do, though. I just don't have a Wednesday class which is when we start.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Would love to help you, Ally. I don't have anything to write.

Try Write or Die. It REALLY works.

Status
Not open for further replies.